| 6 | Keeping Hope Alive

It was the very next morning. Most of the group sat around the table as Rick stumbled in, recovering from a hangover.

T-Dog: It's only powdered eggs, but I do 'em good.

He starts serving some of you eggs as Glenn groans in agony from his hangover. Jacqui begins massaging his shoulders.

T-Dog: Protein helps.

You: I told you to stop drinking last night, Glenn. You took a swig every time we made you draw four.

Glenn: Ugh.....

You remember last night's game. Clementine was right, she was a master. She won five of the games.

Shane then walked in soon after.

Rick: How are you feeling?

Shane: Worse.

T-Dog notices the scratch on his neck.

T-Dog: What the hell happened to you?

Shane: Must've done it in my sleep.

He sat down at the table. You keep looking down as you eat your eggs. You know Lori gave him those scratches.

Rick: I've never seen you do that.

Shane: No....not like me at all.

Shane gives a look at Lori, who's also looking away.

Dr. Jenner then walks in.

Edwin: Morning.

Clementine: Morning, Doctor.

Dale: Hey, doc. I know we shouldn't be asking questions....

Edwin: But you're going to ask them anyway....

Andrea: We didn't come for the eggs.

Edwin looks back, and nods.

Edwin: Follow me.

••

Dr. Jenner leads the group back to Zone 5, and turns on the computers.

Edwin: Vi, bring up the display of Test Subject 19.

The screen starts to show a top-secret brain-scan video of someone who was infected and allowed the process of reanimation to be recorded. Edwin explains how the infection attacks the brain and kills the human part of you. Then later, it restarts the brain. Allowing the host to move around.

Then the feed shows a bullet going through the test subject. Edwin explains he put the subject down.

You: And what about other facilities? Did they go down as well?

Edwin: I've lost contact. Communications have gone dark for almost a month. Seems like they're gone too.

Dale then looks at the digital clock that's been counting down and asks Dr. Jenner about it. He explains that when it reaches zero the generators run out of fuel, but his tone of voice says he's been untruthful.

Andrea then asks Vi what happens when the clock reaches zero, in which she explains that a plant-wide decontamination will occur.

Rick decides to take T-Dog and Daryl to check out the generators, while everybody goes back to their rooms.

••

It didn't take long until the power started shutting off. The group follows Dr. Jenner as he enters Zone 5 again.