| 9 | - Sorry, Brother

It's been several days.

The group reached its lowest point. Sophia was dead, Shane and Rick butted heads on what decisions were to be made, and Hershel pretty much wanted you gone. Shane even revealed to the group that Lori was pregnant, which was another issue.

Rick and Glenn encountered a kid named Randall who they believe is part of a larger group of dangerous men. Daryl was interrogating him as you settled with the group near your campsite.

Daryl joined the group when he finished.

Daryl: Boy there's got a gang, thirty men. They have heavy artillery and they ain't looking to make friends. They roll through here, our boys are dead. Our women....they're gonna wish they were.

Clementine: That's disgusting....

Lori: Rick, what are you going to do?

Rick: We have no choice. He's a threat, and we have to eliminate said threat.

Dale: You're just gonna kill him?

For the last couple days, Dale has been on the side of having humanity. He was probably the only one who hasn't been changed from the previous events.

Rick: It's settled. I'll do it today.

Rick began to walk away, with Dale closely following as he tried to convince him not to execute Randall.

••

Dale took the day to try and convince people not to agree with killing Randall. You were sitting by the RV reading your copy of The Outsiders when Dale showed up.

You: Hey, Dale.

Dale: Y/N.

He sat down near you.

Dale: You know what this is about, right?

You: Yup. It's about Randall.

Dale: Then you know what I want. We can't have him killed.

You put down your book, and look on into the field.

You: Why not, Dale?

Dale: He's just a kid, about your age. We can't be playing judge, jury, executioner with his life.

You: You heard Daryl, his friends are heavily armed. They come here, they will kill all of us.

Dale: We can't have him guilty because of association....

You: I won't take that chance, Dale. I'm sorry. I care about these people here....I don't want anything to happen to them.

In your mind, you think about Clementine. Although you don't express it out in the open, you do like her. You wouldn't want anything to happen to her.

Dale: So that's it then? We kill the kid?

You look down.

You: I'm sorry.

Dale: I guess I really am the only one here who still has a sense for humanity. I thought you'd think the same, Y/N....

Dale then gets up and walks away. You put your hand on your face, and sigh.

••

The group sat inside Hershel's house. It was time to decide what you were going to do with Randall.

Shane: There's only one way to move forward.

Dale: Killing him, right? Why even bother to take a vote, it's clear which way the wind's blowing.