| 29 | - Are You With Us?

You're in Carver's office, awaiting his arrival. It isn't long until the man himself enters the office.

Carver: Y/N. Surprised it took you this long to act up....seven days.

You don't answer. You look down at your handcuffs.

Carver: So, why beat Troy? Did he piss in your cereal or something?

You look up, eyes shooting daggers into Carver.

You: That asshole tried to rape my girlfriend.

Carver: Clementine? Hm.

Carver gets out of his chair and paces around his room.

Carver: Surprised Troy chose her out anybody.

You: What?!

He looks at you, and sits on the side of his desk.

Carver: Relax. I'm just trying to process the situation. What Troy tried to do....sure it's wrong. But hey, your girl defended herself.

You continue listen as you grind your teeth.

Carver: That girl is tough.

You: She's one of the toughest people I know. Tougher than that bitch, Troy. Tougher than you.

Carver chuckles.

Carver: I like you, Y/N. You know how to look fear in the eye. Some people don't like to see me, they think I'm going to stick a knife into their throat, so they always look down. You, on the other hand, look me straight in the eye. You have been ever since we first brought you here.

You continue to do exactly what he's talking about. You stare him right in the eye.

Carver: It's just a matter of time until you become one of my best men. You can even take Troy's place.

You: I don't want to be a part of your stupid war.

Carver: You don't get it. I have to protect this place, no matter the cost, no matter the loss that comes with it. People don't want to show loyalty? Fine. We get them the fuck out of here. You're out of line? Okay. We show them discipline. That's just how it works.

You: The people here don't deserve to be living like this. You're forcing them to do your bidding instead of letting them live their lives.

Carver: That's the cost, Y/N. The cost of keeping this damn community thriving.

Carver rubs the stubble on his chin.

Carver: These people we're about to fight, they make me look like a fucking saint. These so called Saviors are lead by a man you don't want your family crossing. I'm doing what should be known as a service to all.

You shake your head.

You: What you're doing....ain't a fucking service. You're being a tyrant. This isn't an Oasis at all.

Carver scowls, and gets up.

Carver: You'll see. Get out.

You get up, and exit the door. A soldier outside removes your handcuffs, and escorts you out.

••

You're sleeping on your bunk. Somebody shakes you awake.

???: Y/N. Wake up.

You open your eyes, and see Luke.

You: What is it?

Luke: Follow me. I have to show you something.

You get up, and see Clementine sleeping on the top bunk. You look around and see others still sleeping as well. You were wondering why Luke chose the middle of the night to talk to you.

You followed Luke outside, and walked for a while until you reached a small school building within the base. You entered, and inside a classroom you saw a group of people. Some were citizens that you've run into before, and some were soldiers. You also saw Louis, Lee, and Omid.

Luke led you towards the front of the group.

You: What is this?

Luke pat your shoulder.

Luke: Just listen.

He left you there, and went to the front of the room. You look back, and see one citizen looking out the door serving as a lookout.

Luke began to speak.

Luke: Some of you know why you're here. Most of you may not. We all share one thing in common, we're citizens of the Oasis. We also agree on one thing, that William Carver is not fit to lead this community.

You continued to listen.

Luke: We've all lost people, we've all been affected by his tyranny. We cannot continue to live under his thumb and serve him. He says he's the rock of the community, he says that without him it will crumble....but no. We are what keeps this place standing.

Luke takes a breath.

Luke: Together, we can make the Oasis live up to its namesake, and we do that by taking down Carver and those who support him.

The crowd was intrigued by his speech. Luke smiled.

Luke: For the Oasis!

Crowd: For the Oasis!

You nodded your head. You liked what you heard.

People in the crowd began to converse with one another. Luke walked toward you.

You: That was outstanding.

You began to remember the times you saw Luke whispering to people throughout the week.

You: Is this what you were planning?

Luke nodded.

Luke: We've been his pawn for too long. I went out there and lost my best friend because of him. Many people in here lost loved ones, because they didn't agree with Carver or did and died on the field. Enough is enough.

You agree with what he said.

Luke: So, are you with us?

You: Of course. Count me in.

Luke shook your hand.

Luke: For the Oasis.

You continue to shake his hand.

You: For the Oasis.