| 38 | - A Larger World

It's been five days since you ran into the Saviors.

Rebecca was heartbroken. Her husband was dead. She was expecting to have the baby soon, and now it'll be without a father.

Christa was also devastated. She couldn't believe that Omid was murdered.

Only people close to you knew about the Saviors. Only Clementine, Lee, Wyatt, and Russell knew he was related to you.

Some of your advisors disagreed at first with your decision to supply the Saviors when they needed, but after learning of the deaths of Omid and Alvin, and their threat to destroy the Oasis, they reluctantly agreed.

In a couple days the Saviors would be arriving to pick up their share of supplies, so you had people sort out crates at the commissary.

You were in your office at the conference center, looking out the window. You had a hand on your face as you were thinking of the circumstances.

You saw two of your friends die at the hands of your uncle, Negan. He threatened to kill Clementine and the rest of the people you care about.

You've never hated a man this much since the Governor. Carver didn't even match up to him.

A knock was heard, and Clementine came in.

Clementine: Hey.

You: Hey.

She walks up and lays her head against your shoulder, as you both look out the window. You have your arms crossed.

You: Did I do the right thing?

Clementine: You did what you had to do, Y/N. I probably would've done the same thing.

You look at her, and begin to tear up.

You: I didn't want anybody else to get hurt. I didn't want you to get hurt. I already blame myself for what happened to Alvin and Omid....

Clementine looks up at you.

Clementine: That wasn't your fault.

You: I agreed with the plan. The plan on attacking that Savior camp.

Clementine: A plan that Alvin brought up.

You nod, but a part of you still believed things could've gone different.

You: This is how we live now....it's not what I wanted....but to keep us all safe, that's how it has to be.

You kiss Clementine.

You: As long as you're with me, I'll be okay.

The two of you give weak smiles, until another knock is at your door. Wyatt peeks in.

Wyatt: Y/N, we have somebody at the gates.

You: The Saviors?

Wyatt: No....somebody else.

••

You had told the guards at the gates to let the man in so you can meet him by the Jones Building. You had called over Louis to join you and Clementine in meeting this man.

When you arrived at where the man was, you saw Lee and other soldiers with him. He wore a beanie, with a blue vest and a long trench coat. He also had a beard and long hair coming out of his beanie.

You: Hello. Who are you?

The man looked at you.

Jesus: My name is Paul Rovia. But you can call me Jesus.