| 54 | - Crunch Time

It's been four days since your fight with Negan.

The war was reaching the final stage. The Hilltop has recovered from the Savior's attack, which let several Savior POWs escape. The next day, Rick and Morgan dealt with them.

Negan's right hand man, Simon, tried to overtake the Saviors, which led to Negan killing him. With no one left to trust, Negan now wants to win badly, and will do whatever it takes to do so. Even if it means that he has to kill everyone.

••

You were at the Hilltop with Clementine and Lee. Louis was back at the Oasis keeping an eye on AJ and the community.

Daryl pointed at the map.

Daryl: All right. We'll stick to this road, keep to the trees, we'll get there quicker. Plus, we can keep an eye on the road that way.

He was discussing the plan to you, Clementine, Rosita, Rick, Michonne, Lee, Carol, and Maggie.

Rosita: Yeah, if they're planning anything, we'll see it.

Clementine: You think you can trust Gregory? What he told us?

Gregory was the one who gave you the plan from Dwight.

Maggie: I locked him up inside the house. He knew I wouldn't let him walk around free. He knew he was coming back to that.

You gave a nod.

Maggie: He doesn't believe in anything except himself, and he'd have to believe in the Saviors a whole lot to send us into a trap and think it would work out for him.

Daryl: Unless Dwight didn't tell him.

You: You think he could be setting us up?

You didn't know for sure what Dwight would be up to.

Daryl: Could be.

Rick picks up the map, and gives a nod to Maggie. He puts it into his back pocket.

Rick: Let's get ready. First team's going in 20.

The group began to disperse, and you walked with Clementine and Lee.

Lee: It's coming down to the wire. Final minutes of the fourth quarter. Crunch time.

You look down at your chest, and see the pin Luke gave you during the fight against Carver. Just like he helped lead the Oasis to freedom, you were going to do the same.

You: For a better life. For a better future. We're winning this.

••

The group going to ambush the team of Saviors included you, Lee, Clementine, Rick, Michonne, Daryl, Ezekiel, Morgan, Rosita, Carol, and Jesus.

Rosita looked through the binoculars as the group hid within the trees. She then handed them to you.

You looked through, and saw a group of Saviors setting up a roadblock. You saw eight of them, and showed five fingers then three more to your group to inform them. Rick gave a nod, and signaled the team to move up.

Once you did, you all fired moments later and dispatched the team of Saviors.

BRAKAKA!

BRAKAKA!

BRAKAKA!

You looked through the bodies to gather any more intel or supplies. Morgan stumbled upon a Savior  nearby who pleaded for his life.