| 55 | - The Last Stand

The group, along with many other Milita soldiers, walked along the field up onto the hill.

You all suddenly hear whistling in the distance. You raise your rifle, wondering where it is coming from. Everybody else is aware as well.

Negan, from afar, speaks on a radio through an amplifier.

Negan: Well, damn, Rick, look at that. Pegged again. Pegged so very hard.

You keep on looking around, then you give a look to Clementine, who also has her rifle raised.

Negan: I ambushed your ambush with an even bigger ambush.

Rick begins to yell.

Rick: How about you step out and face us?!

Negan: Oh, I am everywhere, Rick. Some more bullhorns, more walkies. Pick a direction to run. See how you do. Make it fun for all of us.

Lee has his rifle raised as well. He begins to mutter.

Lee: Son of a bitch...

Negan continues to speak.

Negan: Guess what else I did? I brought you some of your old friends. You remember your old buddy Eugene? Well, he is the person that made today possible.

You have never met Eugene, but you know he met up with Rick and his group after the prison fell.

Negan: Same goes for Dwighty boy here. In case you were wondering, he didn't ream you on purpose. No, he is just a gutless nothin' that sucks at life, and now he gets to stand up here and watch you all die, and he's gonna live that that.

Negan then holds a gun to Father Gabriel's head, and continues to speak through the amplified radio.

Negan: Gabriel, well...he's gotta go, too. We are cleaning house today, Rick.

Negan sighs.

Negan: This never had to be a fight. I gave you a choice...I gave Y/N a choice...but no. Now it's come to this. Congratulations.

Negan stops talking. You still have your rifle raised along with the rest of the group, looking around for any surprises.

Negan then begins to count down.

Negan: Three!

Rick turns around, looking at his surroundings as well.

Negan: Two!

Daryl looks to his left, and up onto the hill. Siddiq holds his revolver, and takes a breath. Everybody began wondering what was coming next.

Suddenly, a long line of Saviors appeared on the hill above. They began raising their rifles. A part of you thought it was going to be the end.

Negan: One!

The Saviors began to shoot, but their guns backfired.

POP!

BOOM!

BOOM!

POP!

Shrapnel shot into the faces of many Saviors, killing or maiming them. Some of them had their hands mutilated.

You held your rifle, confused.

You: What the hell?

Morgan also looked on, in awe.

Lee looked at you, then at Clementine. You could hear the shouts from the Saviors on the hill.

Rick looked back at the group, and shouted.

Rick: Now!

You all knew what to do. You began to run up the hill to continue the battle with the Saviors.

You kept running up, and saw a Savior pick up his gun and aim it at you.

BRAKA!

You shot him.

Lee hit a Savior on the face with the stock of his rifle and sent him to the ground.

BRAKA!

He shot him as well.

You look on, and see Negan running after a scuffle with a restrained Dwight.

You: He's running!

BANG!

Maggie shoots a Savior in front of her.

Maggie: He's not leaving here alive!

You run in Negan's direction.

Michonne slashes at two Saviors nearby.

SVAASH!

SULK!

Another Savior charged at her with a knife, but Clementine kills her.

BRAKA!

Michonne gives a nod and keeps on running.

Nearby, Eugene is about to be killed by Saviors.

Regina: Get him!

BRAKAKAKA!

BRAKAKAKA!

Lee and Rosita shoot down the Saviors. Eugene looks at Rosita, who just stares. She then walks away with Lee.

The group runs along the field. They see many bodies of Saviors that have been killed by the backfire of their weapons. It made it easier to deal with the remaining Saviors.

The team walks along the hill, until they make it to a group of Saviors who have their weapons down and hands up.

One of the surrendering Saviors, Laura, speaks to the team.

Laura: Don't shoot. Please.

She is breathing heavily, as the team still aim their rifles at them. She begins to kneel.

Laura: We're done. It's over.

The Saviors behind her also get on their knees, officially surrendering.

Rick sees Michonne lower her sword. He then lowers his rifle, which in turns makes Lee and Clementine do so as well. Rick look at Maggie, who continues to survey the group of Saviors.

Rick then looks at Clementine and Lee. He doesn't see you.

He wonders where you are.

He also wonders where Negan is.