| 21 | - When Hope Thrives

You rode on your house and galloped down the trail. You were with Michonne, who was riding along with you on her horse.

It's been over five months since the Governor's army attacked the prison. You haven't run into them since.

The two of you were finished with your trip. You joined Michonne on trying to track down the Governor. Once again, he was nowhere to be found.

The two of you neared the gates of the prison, where you saw Rick using the pulley system to open up the gate for you. You and Michonne galloped in, and Carl shut the fences.

You dismounted the horse, and Michonne followed suit. Rick and Carl jogged towards the both of you.

Rick: We're glad to see you both.

Michonne: Glad to see you, too.

Michonne looked at Carl.

Michonne: Somebody hit the jackpot.

Michonne looked at you, giving you the signal to bring out the items from the bag. You handed Carl a stack of comics Michonne found while on your run.

Carl: No way. Awesome! Thank you.

Michonne: I get to read 'em when you're done.

You: Uh, hello? I called dibs first.

Michonne smirked as she continued to take things out of her bag.

Michonne: I also found this.

Michonne handed some clippers to Rick.

Michonne: Your face is losing the war.

You laugh at her joke. Moments later, you see Daryl riding up in his motorcycle, beginning to lead a caravan out.

Daryl: Well, look who's back.

You: Didn't find him.

You were talking about the Governor.

Daryl nods.

Daryl: Glad to see you both in one piece.

Daryl tells you that he's going to check out The Big Spot. Rick says he's going outside the fence to check out the snare traps. Michonne decides to go with Daryl's group.

You: Need any extra hands?

Daryl: Nah, we're over capacity as it is.

He began to rev up his engine.

Daryl: Just stay and relax, check up on your girl. She's probably been dying to see you.

He smirks at that last statement.

You nod, as Daryl drives off. The caravan follows.

••

You walk onto the courtyard, seeing the prison inhabitants walking around and conversing. Some are eating and sharing stories.

You admire the garden as you walk by it, and see a couple kids shooting baskets into the one hoop.

"Hello, Y/N."

"Howdy there, Y/N."

"Good afternoon, Mr. L/N."

Many of the people there respected you. You were part of the council along with Hershel, Daryl, Glenn, Carol, Sasha, and Clementine. People knew of the effort you put into making the prison a thriving community.

Carol: Hey, Y/N. Glad to see you back.

You run into Carol.

You: Glad I'm still in one piece.....are you off to story time?