| 30 | - Rise of the Resistance

The resistance was formed with Luke at the helm.

You all took the next few days drawing out your plan of action. Whispers started going around through the Oasis of a possible coup. Carver has even heard about it, and was on high alert.

One of the main things Luke cares about was protecting the citizens and keeping them out of harm's way. He only wanted to take down Carver and his closest advisors.

You walked into the barracks, and talked with Clementine before you went off to do the first task. It was one you couldn't wait to do.

You: You have to get out of here. Louis will show you how.

Clementine already knew about your ties to the oncoming resistance movement.

Clementine: Why?

You: After what happens today, Carver might know I'm involved. He might try to hurt the people I care about.

Clementine: Where will you be? Are you coming back?

You: Of course. Luke set up camps a couple miles from the Oasis, for the resistance to stay at. Carver might start trying to weed out those involved, so we're staying over there until this is done.

Louis was by the doorway, waiting to lead Clementine and others to the outside of the walls.

Clementine: Okay.

You nod, and give her a kiss. She then walks off with Louis as he leads her and a couple others out. You take a breath.

It's time.

••

Troy entered the conference building. He looked at one of his soldiers.

Troy: Go get washed up, and tell Gerald to get me the manifest from yesterday.

The soldier walked off as Troy walked up the stairs and into his office. Upon entering, he went over to a nearby mirror and checked the wound on his cheek. Clementine basically punctured a hole into it.

Troy: Fuckin' bitch.

He then looked out his window and saw his soldiers walking about in the distance at the airstrip. He smirked. He thought he might actually have enough for him and Carver to take the Saviors down for good.

In the corner of his eye, he saw you standing beside a building. You were looking up at him from a distance. Troy just scoffed at the sight of you, and scowled.

Troy went over to his desk, and opened the drawer with that contained his whiskey flask. Upon opening it, he heard a click. Faint beeping was heard right after.

Troy: The fuck?

He looked under his desk, and saw a grenade contraption taped to it. Troy looked out the window and back at you.

From a distance, you smirk.

You: Hasta la vista, asshole.

Troy sees your mouthing those words, and before he can yell for help, the grenade detonates.

BOOM!

You see the explosion. Soldiers around the building notice and start making their way towards the commotion. You start walking the other way.

••

Carver was furious. His suspicions of a resistance being formed was true. They killed his right hand man, and he was determined to put a stop to this coup.

His first suspect, was you.

Carver began to speak to soldiers outside the building.

Carver: Go to Barrack 7 and find Y/N L/N! Look for anybody associated with him!

A couple soldiers nodded, and went off.

Another soldier, George, went up to Carver.

George: We need to put you under protection, sir. It's dangerous out here.

Carver: I'm not going anywhere. I will not show fear to my oppressors. They want war with me? Then they can fucking have it.

••

You got out of the car, and walked into the resistance camp. It was in the woods near Walker Mill Regional Park.

You walk deeper into camp, and see Clementine talking with Rebecca. Alvin is also nearby.

You: Clem!

Clementine saw you, and ran into your arms. You both kiss.

Clementine: What happened?

You: Troy is dead.

Clementine stood silent for a moment, then nodded.

Clementine: Okay. Good.

You: Carver's going to be pissed, though.

Clementine: I bet.

Luke and Lee walked up to you.

Luke: We did it, Y/N. Our first course action is done.

Lee: Taking down the second in command?

Luke: Exactly that. Now Carver has to find who else he can trust. With as paranoid as he is, that can work in our favor.

You: You might have a point.

Louis ran over to the group holding his rifle.

Louis: Perimeter is secure. No walkers.

After everything that's happened the last couple weeks, you almost forgot about walkers.

Luke: Thanks, Louis.

Clementine: So, are we going to be able to go back to the Oasis?

Lee: Probably not, not until this is all done. Carver is going to be kicking down doors now trying to figure out who's part of the resistance.

Luke: That's why we can't waste time trying to take him down. Won't be long until he probably starts locking up innocents.

Clementine: Or kill them.

You nod. That something Carver would do.

You: So what's next?

Luke puts his hands on his waist, and begins to think.

Luke: He has this offsite supply storage, a couple miles from here in a small community college building. It's one of a few that I know of. It's mostly stuff for him and his soldiers. I say we take it.

Louis: Supplies for only the soldiers? Where do the citizens get there's?

You: That's the storage inside the Oasis, smart one.

Louis chuckles and shakes his head.

Luke: On that topic, if we do take the soldiers' stash, they might start using the citizens's stash....

Luke begins to rub his chin.

Lee: Me and some other people can try to sneak back inside. Once we steal the soldiers' stash, we can start handing some of it to the citizens.

Clementine: That's a great idea, Lee.

Lee: Thank you.

Luke: Good thinking.

Luke then starts to take out a notepad, he begins writing things down.

Luke: All right, it's set. Let's prepare.