T̶w̶e̶n̶t̶y̶-̶T̶w̶o̶

Micara was very confused and the air was knocked out of her

Micara was very confused and the air was knocked out of her. Jasper hadn't pushed her against the wall aggressively, he was actually very careful. His lips were pressed up against hers, that's what knocked her breath away. Micara was utterly shocked, her hands were in the air but Jasper's were around her back. It took seconds for Micara to respond.

Very quickly, her hands were around his neck, kissing him back. It was now she realized something. Why him leaving her at prom affected her so much, why him ignoring her hurt her so much, it was because she had developed a crush on him. Her heart was fluttering and she felt literal sparks around them. She was too happy, happier then when she was at prom, but that thought made her break the kiss.

"Why now?" She asked breathless.

"I didn't want to kiss you in front of people. It made me nervous," Jasper mumbled, wanting the first kiss to be private.

Micara smiled softly, but then it dropped.

"You don't have to do this y'know," He said making his eyes attach to hers, "I know it's weird, for you,"

"It isn't," Jasper chuckled slightly.

"How so?" She wondered.

"You're not like her, you are very different," He said leaning into her again, but she playfully looked away.

Jasper made a fake angry sigh and pushed her chin to make her look at him. She smirked and watched him lean in for another kiss, that she gladly took.

"Would you still dance with me ma'am?" He asked making her blush a little when his accent stood out widely.

"Of course," She agreed, taking his hand and walking to the middle of his room.

Conveniently, Edward began to play the piano just as the two touched. Jasper took her waist in his hands and she put her arms on his shoulders. The two swayed then just as Rosalie suggested, Micara gently laid her head on the crook of Jasper's neck. Jasper sighed, he felt fully satisfied with someone to love. He finally had someone. He had finally found his mate.

When Edward finished his song, Jasper finished the dance, took her hand and sat her on the sofa. Since she was a half-breed, he expected her to sleep. He grabbed a pillow from his wardrobe and a blanket from the top shelf. He set it down on the sofa, her watching his every move with a flattered smile.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" He said with a playful smile.

"You know I don't have to," She told, "I am half human but I can decide when I sleep,"

"What do you wanna do then?" He wondered sitting down next to her.

"A Q and A?" Micara asked.

Jasper nodded. "Favourite colour?"

"Purple," She smiled, "Birthday?"

"Can't remember," He smiled sadly making her smile drop, "When's yours? Do you remember?"

"Yeah... but it doesn't matter," She shrugged, looking at her hands.

"Of course it does! It was the day you were born," Jasper smiled.

"October 2nd," She replied pouting, "Now I feel bad you don't have one,"

"Of course I have one, I just don't remember," Jasper frowned.

"Wait, do you know the date you were turned?" Micara asked.

"Tenth of April 1863, why?" He wondered.

"How old were you?" She questioned.

"19," He answered, "Would you tell me why you're asking?"

"Can I have some paper and a pen please?" She asked cutely making some appear in front of her.

"What are you doing?" Jasper asked.

"There is three hundred and sixty five days in a year. Twelve months, and you were nineteen. I should be able to work out your birthday," Micara said starting a sum.

"How on earth could you do that?" Jasper wondered shuffling closer to her and watching her do mad amounts of math in front of his eyes.

"The 14th of September," She squinted, "1844,"

"You did that with math!?" He shouted from shock.

She laughed. "Yeah, I guess," 

"Wait a second. Bella's birthday is the 13th," Jasper smirked.

"Twins," Micara chuckled.

"How are you so smart?" Jasper mumbled pulling her to his side, both now lying down on the sofa.

"I don't know," She yawned, "Coz I'm older then you,"

"Mentally but not physically," He smirked.

"Yeah yeah yeah," She muttered tucking her head in Jasper's chest, "Same thing, different story,"

Jasper chuckled lightly. "Get some sleep," He said kissing her head.