S̶i̶x̶t̶y̶-̶T̶h̶r̶e̶e̶

Micara was sat on the sofa, leaning on Jasper

Micara was sat on the sofa, leaning on Jasper. The male Hale hadn't told Micara about the conversation he had with Rosalie. Rose hadn't told her either, in fact, it hadn't been mentioned. Micara woke up around six in the morning, it would've taken longer, if Carlisle didn't fill her up with nutrition to help her wake.

She was snuggled into Jasper's side, hugging his arm. Emmett's baggy hoodie was on her, along with three blankets. Jacob was sitting next to her, being a radiator. Micara was ice cold. All she wished for was to be better.

And it seemed that fate was on her side.

Just as she was about to fall asleep, a warm substance trickled down her leg. Micara's eyes snapped open and Edward looked at her with wide eyes.

"Ahh," Micara groaned in pain, clutching her lower stomach.

Everyone looked at her.

"I think I'm in labour," Were the words she muttered that made everyone panic and move at a speed that even she couldn't see.

Jasper picked Micara up speedily and she was suddenly lying down in the chair she passed out in, hours before. Issy grabbed some needles whilst Carlisle set some things up.

"We have no other choice but to give you a caesarean section," Carlisle told, jabbing her with a numbing anesthetic.

Micara nodded and looked down at her free hand when it got filled up by Jasper's. As Micara's gaze was on Jasper's, and not on her stomach, Carlisle took this as a chance to make an incision. 

Micara winced and let out a cry, but before she could turn her head all the way, Jasper held the sides of her face and made her look at him. 

"I know it hurts, but you can do this," He told, reminding his wife with how strong she really was. 

"I can't!" Micara cried out, fisting her hands. 

"Yes you can," Jasper frowned, keeping his support.

"No! You were right! I can't do this!" Micara whimpered.

"Micara, listen to me. You're the strongest person I know, Remember our wedding vowels?" Jasper asked, trying to distract her.

Micara nodded and cried out.

"Tell me them, c'mon, tell me," Jasper encouraged.

"I will love you unconditionally and forever. I will support and respect you. I'll make you happy when you're sad," Micara winced and groaned in pain, the anesthetic was working but she felt a little sensation of pain, "I, Micara Agnes take you, Jasper Hale to be my husband!"

"Yeah, that's right," Jasper smiled sadly, "And I said that I'd love you forever, didn't I?"

"Yeah," Micara sighed, a tear falling.

Jasper wiped it away with this thumb.

"Baby number one," Carlisle announced, just as a cry invaded the room.

Jasper skipped to Carlisle's side and took the baby so he could get the last one out. Micara did the best she could to watch Jasper. Her eyes were filling with tears and it was making it hard to see. Issy had to escape from the room due to the blood and Rosalie took her place. Rose took Micara's hand and wiped her eyes.

"Baby number two," Carlisle told, giving Jasper the other baby when he had put down the first.

Micara looked over to Carlisle then at Rosalie. Then finally at Jasper. He cleaned the last baby from blood then picked both of the crying children up, each being cradled in one of his arms. Jasper had a wide smile on his face, he was holding his very own children, something he'd never think would happen. Seeing this sight made Micara smile. This had to be the most amazing thing she'd ever seen.

Then her smile dropped a fraction. Rosalie was the first to pick up on the situation.

"Micara?" The blonde spoke, "Micara!"

Jasper looked up from his children and his smile dropped. He walked over to Rosalie and gave her the children. 

"Jasper, I'll try to bring her back. Alright?" Carlisle told, moving passed his son.

Jasper was frozen. But when he saw Carlisle pull out a syringe of venom, he stopped Carlisle from injecting it.

"Carlisle it wont work on her," Jasper seethed, starting chest compressions on Micara.

He pinched her nose and breathed into her mouth, hoping to get some oxygen into her body, then resumed the compressions. And as if some miracle was watching over them, Micara's heart started up again, though her eyes did not open. But that was all Jasper needed to know to feel grounded again, his mate was alive, that was all that mattered. Carlisle shifted around Jasper and finished the last stitch on Micara's stomach. 

Two hours passed and Micara seemed steady. Carlisle said that her vitals looked to be going back to normal. Jasper didn't leave her side, too scared that if he were to go upstairs, something would happen to her. So he stayed by her.

Esme and Rosalie had the twins in their arms and they both thought it was time to go to Jasper, so he could see his children properly. The girls found Jasper with his chin resting on the bed that his wife was on, staring at her face, for any sign of movement. He was so deep in thought that he didn't even notice his sister and mother in the doorway. 

"Jasper," Esme said, making him jump.

"Yeah, sorry," He turned to look at them.

"We thought you'd like to meet them properly," Rosalie told, walking forward, Esme a step behind.

Jasper nodded, sitting cross legged on the floor in front of them. Rosalie kneeled down and passed a baby in pink pyjama's into Jasper's arms. His guess was that this one was a girl. She had the similar features of Micara, but she had Jasper's nose and lips. 

"What have you been calling them for the last two hours?" Jasper asked.

"Jasper Jr. and Micara Jr," Rosalie smiled, "Emmett forced it upon us,"

Jasper cracked a smile too. His pinkie finger was then taken captive by his daughter. Her eyes were shut but she seemed to know what she was doing, she also had a very strong grip. Esme offered the other baby to Jasper and he passed the girl back to Rose. When Jasper took his son, he immediately saw the similarities.  

These children were beautiful, and his. He never once thought he'd have the opportunity to have kids. 

"Have you thought of anything to call them," Esme wandered.

"I wanna name them when Micara's awake," Jasper told, "It's only fair,"

"Good idea," Rosalie agreed, reaching the eyes of her brother.