S̶i̶x̶t̶y̶

Micara didn't like being the centre of attention

Micara didn't like being the centre of attention. Carlisle spoke with her and told her that the fetus looked fine. Jasper had talked to Carlisle about giving the baby away, Carlisle was a little saddened, but it would help the half-breed survive, so he agreed. Rosalie was furious at Jasper for wanting to get rid of the child, the blonde even asking Micara but all the now Hale did was frown.

Micara was confused. Keeping the child could put it in danger, but giving it away would mean killing a baby that hadn't even done anything wrong. She didn't know what to choose. Jasper had been distant with her, the Hale thinking that she would die and it would be all his fault. Micara had never been more stressed in her life.

She hadn't been eating, anything she did consume would be vomited up in minutes. Using the idea that happened last time, Jacob suggested blood, but Micara wouldn't put her lips close to human blood again. She was adamant that she wasn't going to touch the cup, even when Jasper asked her to.

A bump had formed on her stomach over the last week. Rosalie awed over it whenever Micara walked into the room. The female Hale would help Micara bath, get her changed and look after her if she felt bad. Of course everyone else would do their bit, but Rose, Carlisle and Esme would participate more. That's another thing that put Micara in a bad or grumpy mood, Jasper never seemed to help. Obviously he wanted to, but he was worried for her safety.

...

Micara had chosen to keep the baby.

Rosalie was joyous that another baby would be in the house. Esme was exited that another addition to the family would be joining. Everyone seemed happy for Micara, but they were all hiding worry beneath their smiles. Bella would help Micara and tell her what she would go through and even though most of it was horrible, she was grateful that she knew what would happen.

When Micara chose to keep it, Jasper disappeared for a day. It all worried everyone but he hadn't done a runner, he just stayed in the forest, taking out all of his anger and worry on the trees and animals. Micara didn't blame him from being upset, she felt exactly the same, but Jasper had it worse since everyone was feeling panicky, and he could feel that, making him worse.

Issy and Carlisle had been working together. Although nobody would admit it, Micara had a high risk of dying. She was half human, meaning she couldn't be changed into a vampire if she was about to die. So the team had been trying to find a way to make her live. So far, they had nothing. Alice kept trying to see if Micara had a future, but the seer couldn't see anything. Macey was worried about Alice because she would get frustrated when nothing came to her head that gave her hope about Micara surviving.