S̶i̶x̶t̶y̶-̶O̶n̶e̶

As Micara's bump got bigger, her body deteriorated faster

As Micara's bump got bigger, her body deteriorated faster. It was like she was dying, but on double time. She was constantly tired and was growing thinner and thinner. Everyone thought she would break at any second. 

"It's like the consequences are duplicating, making her ill faster, doubling the sickness," Esme frowned, looking at the warn out half-breed, her head leaning on Jasper's shoulder. 

Jasper looked over at Esme and gulped, knowing that she was right. Rosalie looked at Micara's bump and tried to think of a reason for this. She had been there for everything in Bella's pregnancy and nothing matched with Micara's. It could be because Micara was half vampire, but wouldn't that slow down the process, instead of speeding it up?

Issy was trying to do the same thing. Nothing made sense. Micara was more human then vampire. It was double the everything! Double the sickness, double the vomiting, double the weakness, Double the... could they be double?

"I didn't think of that," Edward looked at Issy.

"What?" Jasper was the second to jump in.

"Micara, you awake?" Issy took her hand carefully.

Micara's eyes opened right after her name was said.

"Hm? Oh yeah, jus'," Micara yawned, "Sleepy,"

"Do you think you could come with me?" Issy continued to ask.

"Yeah," The half-breed sighed.

Issy gently took Micara from Jasper's grasp, picking her up bridal style. Carlisle, Edward and Jasper followed the blonde woman to Carlisle's office, where he kept all of his medical equipment. Issy set Micara down on the bed and Edward told Carlisle to help him set the ultrasound up. 

"Ah, that's cold," Micara giggled.

The smallest of smiles slid up onto everyone's faces.

Carlisle took over from Issy and looked onto the screen he moved the scanner across Micara's stomach, making her laugh and shift uncomfortably at the sensation. 

"Issy, what were you thinking in the living room?" Jasper asked, desperate to know.

"Your child. It's been giving Micara double the everything, so I was thinking-"

"Not child. Children," Carlisle corrected.

Micara's jaw dropped open and looked up at the screen, not that she understood any of it. Though she could make out two shapes that looked very babyish. Micara was pregnant with twins. 

That information didn't settle very well with either of the parents. Jasper turned stiff and Micara turned dizzy, and before you knew it, she had fainted.

Jasper sped to her side, cupping her face in his hands. He looked up at Carlisle with worry. Issy put a hand on his shoulder.

"I think she just passed out Jasper, It's alright," She calmed, holding his shoulder.

Carlisle confirmed this, as all of Micara's vitals were the same. After he gave Micara some vitamins and some medication, Carlisle went back to the living room. Jasper stayed leant down beside Micara all through the night. Issy eventually left them alone too, thinking it would be best. But really, Jasper didn't want to be alone. 

It was three in the morning when Rosalie went downstairs to see Jasper. She stood behind him and frowned.

"You ok?" She wondered.

"Feeling wonderful Rosalie," Jasper rolled his eyes. 

"I'm only trying to help," Rosalie sassed, her hands on her hips.

"No, you're trying to take my kids," Jasper hissed, turning around, "You tried to do the same thing with Bella, hope that the mother would die and then you'd take the baby and raise them as your own. I'm not stupid," 

Rosalie was shocked into silence. 

"I'll admit, that's what I hoped would happen when Bella was pregnant, but Micara is my best friend. I want to help her," Rosalie admitted.

Jasper stayed silent. He really didn't want to fight with his sister. He turned back to look at his wife. What would happen if Micara did die? Jasper wouldn't be able to live without her. And due to the overwhelming sadness he'd feel, he wouldn't be able to look after his kids. He wouldn't be able to live himself.

"Rose?" 

"What?" Rosalie spat.

"If she dies, will you do something for me?" Jasper wondered, looking up at her with a broken expression.

Rosalie had never seen Jasper look so broken.

"Yeah," She nodded, kneeling down next to him, changing her attitude for her brother.

"If she dies, will you look after the twins? Be their mom?" 

"What about you?" Rose wondered.

"I'd want to be killed after. I can't live without her," Jasper whispered, not knowing he was capable with saying that out loud.

Rosalie gasped quietly. The venom filled her eyes as she looked at Micara's unconscious body. That was her best friend, and she looked so weak. What Rose would give to see Micara's cheerful smile again. 

Jasper's thumb crossed the wedding ring, sat on her finger. He remembered that special day, her wide smile as soon as she saw him waiting for her as she walked down the isle. The dances. The honeymoon. But now that all seemed distant. The glow in Micara's eyes was gone, and that seemed to take everyone else's spark with it. 

"Y-you can't," Rosalie stammered, hugging Jasper from behind and resting her head on his shoulder, "Your kids, they'll need you,"

"They'll need a mom more," Jasper's voice cracked and he failed to hide the venom in his eyes.

"Jasper. Please," Rosalie whispered.

"Do that for me," He paused, "If not for me, Micara," 

Rosalie sucked in a breath through her clenched teeth. She released it, coming out more of a whimper. 

"Do it for her," 

"Ok," Rosalie agreed, allowing her brother to hug her.

Jasper rested his head on her shoulder, Rosalie having to do the same thing. The Hale twins were holding each other tightly. 

"She loves you Jasper," Rose whispered.

"And I love her back Rose,"