S̶e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶y̶-̶N̶i̶n̶e̶

Micara and the whole family had made up a plan that was flawless. The only thing left for her to do now was call Maria and tell her the change of plans, hopefully she wasn't too late. The half-breed picked up her phone from Jasper's room and sat on his bed. Her hands were shaking but she clenched them and pressed Maria's contact. Just when Micara thought that her sister wasn't going to pick up, she did.

"Hello sister," Maria said though the phone.

The family sat downstairs tense, praying for it to go well as Micara got her fake, weak voice on.

"Hey Maria! You're not on the plane already, right?" The half-breed wondered

"No, I just arrived at the airport, why?" Maria asked

"Omg yes! So things changed last minute and I have something to tell you..." Micara gulped, "I have vampire friends,"

The other end went silent for a second, "Ok? And?" 

"And they took me to Washington in America. The state, obviously with my consent so don't worry. I told them that you wanted to come visit me, so I was wondering if you could change your plans and come here? I can give you the address and pay for your flight," Micara told, trying to persuade her sister.

A sigh was heard from the other end. "No, it's alright you don't have to pay it for me, I'll come, give me the address as soon as possible Micara,"

"I will!" A smile spread over Micara's face, it had worked! The first part of the plan had worked!

"Right, I gotta go now, but I'll see you as soon as possible," Maria told, "Bye sis," 

"Bye," 

Micara dropped her phone on the bed and squealed from excitement, then was suddenly taken in Jasper's arms, both of them happy that the first bit of the plan was going well.

"Good acting," Jasper smirked

"I know right, I should be in Hollywood," Micara smiled, causing Jasper to laugh.

They both looked at each other for a couple seconds before leaning in to kiss each other. Jasper was holding Micara lovingly, his right arm around her and that hand placed on her lower back. His other hand was gently touching her neck, holding it lightly. Micara's left hand was around Jasper's neck, letting her fingertips play with his hair, the other hand was on his shoulder, gripping it gently. 

They broke the kiss and stared into each others eyes again, a smile playing on both of their lips.

"Maybe when all of this is over, I'll have to take you out to have some private time with you," Jasper whispered into her ear.

His voice sent shivers down her spine and all she could do was suck in her lips, and try not to blush.

"Yeah. I'd like that," Micara smirked, tucking her head away in the crook of Jasper's neck so he couldn't see her grin.

Micara just finished texting Maria the address, and now all anyone could do was wait.