N̶i̶n̶e̶t̶y̶-̶E̶i̶g̶h̶t̶

Jasper had only brought himself to receive the twins. At first he didn't plan to, but a part of him thought they were in danger and had to check. Forcing them out of the house the way he did was harsh but he knew it had to be done. Nobody talked on the way back, making it faster for Jasper to drive, no reason to slow down. Samson was in his own little world, even after just confessing his love to Issy, she had now been torn from his world again. There was a nagging pain in his chest, one telling him to go back to her, but he wouldn't even dare spark an argument with his father now.

Samantha looked towards Leah. The wolf-girl had been silent ever since they walked out of the bedroom to see Jasper standing in the doorway. She placed a cold hand in the others warm one, being sneaky but telling the other everything was going to be fine. The roles changed, but at least they were both there for each other. Leah placed a kiss on Sam's head and looked outside. As Sam was sitting in the middle of her brother and Leah, she looked into the rear view mirror to see Jasper staring at her. They held eyes for a moment then Samantha looked to her brother, linking hands with him too.

When they got back to the house, Maria was standing by the front door, a worried look on her face. The three kids already knew that it wasn't pointed at them.

"Jasper! Where have you been, I've been worried sick!" The wicked female vampire came running down to him.

Jasper dodged her hug and looked towards the forest.

"I went to get them back, and now I'm going hunting," Jasper replied, short and sweet.

Maria watched him go but then faced the kids, especially Samantha, with a sickening glare.

"How dare you, you especially young lady for swearing at me like you did when you went with Issy, but all of you, you're a disgrace to this family," Maria hissed.

"I don't think you get to say that, you're not even in our family love," Sam grinned at her, trying to be 'sweet' but deathly annoying.

"You are so stupid Samantha! Did Micara ever give you discipline?" Maria seethed, hating the attitude.

"You call me stupid? I put a smile on my face everyday and you believe it," Samantha scoffed, looking at Leah to see her reaction but she had none, "My Mom did tell me and Sammy off when we did something wrong, but she also encouraged us to be ourselves, let our imagination run wild, something you suck at,"

Maria growled at the girl and went to step forward but Leah steps calmly in front of her. Nobody saw it coming, Maria threw her fist forward and it hit Leah right in the jaw, knocking her out.

"Leah!" Sam rushed over to her, inspecting the right half of her face, but before she could properly bend over, she was grabbed and pushed back.

"You're a brat Samantha, you're useless!" Maria shook her arms, but Samantha shoved herself out of the vampire's grasp.

"When are you going to get it? I don't like you, Samson doesn't like you, nobody does! Just go back to you're stupid home!" 

"This is my stupid little home now! I've made it my own by kicking your mother out, therefore I get to do what I want, so do as your told Samantha," Maria glared.

"Make me," Sam whispered with a small smile.

"Go to you're room,"

Samantha leaned in, only a little bit, she didn't want to be close to that thing.

"Make me," She repeated.

Maria scowled and grabbed Sam's hair, making the half-half-breed stumble. Maria started to walk, forcing Samantha to walk too.

"This is what my mother used to do to me when I was being a little shit!" Maria seethed.

"Get off!" Samantha grabbed Maria's hand, hoping to shove it off.

"Maria let her go!" Samson ran in after them but he got pushed down on a chair by Emmett.

"Leah! Leah help! Dad!" Sam cried, hoping for some help.

"He wont come for you Samantha," Maria informed, eyes blank for a moment, letting the other girl go, watching her stumble to the floor.

"Why are you being a bitch to me!? Why not anyone else in this reckless family?!" Samantha clenched her jaw to stop from crying.

"Because you're pissing me off Samantha, you remind me just of your Mother. Nice till nasty, Sweet till sour, unique till ungrateful. All I ever tried to do for her was make sure she was ok, but she had to have it her way," 

"But I'm not her! I'm nothing like her! I'm like my Dad!" Samantha denied.

"You act like him sometimes, but you have everything about your mother inside you, attitude when angry, very fucking annoying," Maria chuckled, "You're like her. You're a monster,"

Samantha sat on the floor in silence. I used to be a monster Sam. Samantha, I used to a monster because of her. Her mother and father's words just before Maria arrived came crashing back into her mind. It made her angry. She would not be deceived by the same thing both her parents were by the same woman. Samantha stood up, clenching her jaw with anger. Lifting her head up high, she turned on her heel and raced to her bedroom.

"Don't walk away from me!" Maria shouted, walking after her.

When Samantha was safe in her bedroom, she turned around and glared at Maria.

"You're the monster!" The teenager screamed, shocking the vampire to silence. 

Sam slammed her bedroom door, and fell onto her bed. She wept silently, hoping someone was out there helping Leah whilst she couldn't.