F̶i̶f̶t̶y̶-̶S̶e̶v̶e̶n̶

Micara and Jasper had been cooped up in the house all night, it was too cold for Micara to be out, no matter how many layers she put on

Micara and Jasper had been cooped up in the house all night, it was too cold for Micara to be out, no matter how many layers she put on. She was snuggled into his side, his arms were around her. They were supposed to be watching something on the Tv but they were ignoring the film and talking instead.

"I can't believe it," Micara sighed, leaning her head into Jasper's chest.

"I know, so much has changed," Jasper agreed, kissing the top of her head.

"We're gonna do a lot more though," Micra said sitting up, thinking of a game, "What's your deepest fear?"

Jasper's eyes widened at the question but changed his expression to a thoughtful one.

"Losing you probably," Jasper admitted, after a second.

Micara's eyes turned soft and she let herself fall back onto Jasper's chest, his chin on top of her head.

"I'd say the same. I mean, losing you, not myself. That'd be silly," She yawned.

Jasper chuckled before staying quiet to let her fall asleep in his arms.

...

It was Three in the morning. Micara was still asleep in Jasper's arms and the Hale was watching Tv very quietly, not wanting to wake her. But when he began to feel thirst from her, it made him become hungry too. It was unusual because he had never felt hunger from her before, so he had no other choice to wake her up and take her hunting. He gently shook her and she whined but opened her eyes. Micara looked around and saw the silhouette of Jasper, and that was when she felt the burning in her throat.

Micara grabbed her neck and winced.

"C'mon, I'll take you hunting," Jasper told, getting up from the sofa.

"No," Micara shook her head, "I don't drink blood,"

"Micara, you are hungry, I can feel it and it's making me hungry too, you need to hunt," Jasper frowned.

"Please no," Micara whimpered, really not wanting to.

Jasper sighed and gently swept her up in his arms, bridal style, and ran to the woods nearby. The Hanson gasped in shock when she saw the trees flying past her.

"Jasper," She groaned in annoyance when he set her down.

Micara crossed her arms moodily and gave Jasper puppy eyes. A smirk slid upon his face, silently telling her that she wasn't getting her own way. Micara held out her hand and Jasper took it, starting to smell out an animal that she could snack on. He walked her over to a sleeping deer and she looked at it with pity, but that feeling soon got taken over by hunger and she ripped her hand from Jasper's and leapt onto the animal. It woke and cried out, being cut short after a second as Micara drained it's blood.

Jasper took this moment to grab an animal too, then speed back to his wife, only to find she had already found another meal by herself. He watched her carefully and when she brought her lips from it's neck, she sat up and wiped her mouth. Jasper began to walk over slowly, not sure how to act. She found this a little amusing but stayed holding eye contact with him.

"You alright now?" He wondered, but stopped when he felt nausea.

He reacted in seconds when Micara turned to throw up. He kneeled down beside her and grabbed her hair out of the way and began to rub her back comfortingly. He began to get slightly worried when she had thrown up the blood. She whimpered and wiped her mouth.

"Are you alright Micara?" Jasper asked.

"Mhm," She mumbled

"Clearly not," Jasper whispered under his breath, "Do we need to go back to Carlisle?"

"No! It's only been two days," Micara grumbled, rolling her eyes.

"Ok, how about just calling Carlisle, to tell him?" Jasper offered.

"Sure," 

Jasper lifted his wife up again, started running then carefully set her down when they were in the house. Jasper moved to the phone and dialed a number. Micara watched his every move pitifully. She didn't want to go home a day after her honeymoon. 

"Carlisle, -- ---- ------," Jasper started to mumble down the phone to him, too fast for Micara to understand.

"Oh, that's --- --  ----," Carlisle replied.

It went like that till Jasper sighed and put the phone down. He walked up to Micara and kissed her gently.

"How's your throat?" He wondered.

"Better," Micara shuddered.

"Still sleepy?" Another question slipped from his lips, "Or are you hungry for human food?"

"Sleep," She murmured.

Micara leaned forward till her head touched Jasper's chest. He chuckled gently and hugged her,  slowly walking her to the bedroom that he'd spent time to fix.

"Goodnight Care Bare," Jasper whispered.

"G'night Jazz," She replied.