E̶i̶g̶h̶t̶y̶-̶E̶i̶g̶h̶t̶

Sorry if it's confusing swapping around the characters life's!

Samantha, Leah and Samson walked back to the main house, not having anything left to do

Samantha, Leah and Samson walked back to the main house, not having anything left to do. They didn't really want to, seeing as Maria would still be in there, but they didn't know where else to go. Leah walked up the steps of the house and held the door open for the twins who thanked her. Samantha pulled her hood up and walked into the living room and sat down on the sofa, not even bothering to look at the family members to who looked at her.

Samson and Leah sat down next to Samson. They all looked at the blank Tv, wondering what to do. Maria was staring at them, Samantha in particular, because she was wearing baggy clothes, clothes that weren't meant for 'young ladies'. It annoyed her how Micara had brought her children up like this, they acted like they had so much power.

"How did you guys sleep last night?" Rosalie asked them, "Also what's Leah doing here?"

"Slept like a baby," Samson frowned and Maria realized he looked like Jasper when he did that.

"Leah's here because she's my friend, do you have a problem with that?" Samantha asked.

Rosalie frowned slightly and Maria raised her eyebrows. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed,"

"Someone doesn't need to be here," Sam mumbled, in the same tone, crossing her arms.

"What are you even wearing?" Maria clenched her jaw, not liking the girls reply.

"Clothes, unless I look naked to you," Sam retorted.

"I don't like the way you're talking to me," Maria told.

"And I don't like that you're in my house," Samantha bit her lip.

Leah slowly took Samantha's hand, a way to tell her silently to end it, and that Maria wasn't worth fighting over. Sam gave a small smile to Leah, who returned it. The wolf girl wrapped her hand around Samantha's waist and let the older Hanson-Hale lean into her.

"What are you two even doing?" Maria grimaced.

"They're hugging. Damn, you must be blind," Samson scoffed, backing his sister and Leah up.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it," Jasper announced, walking into the living room.

The three on the sofa tensed, not even looking at the man who spoke. Leah's fingers stroked over the back of Sam's hand, soothing her from the stress of the moment. Samson saw this and immediately craved the sight of Issy. He wanted to see her smile again, the way her eyes lit up when he was in the room. Samantha looked at her brother, hearing his thoughts, she sent some happy memories of Issy through her thoughts to him. Samson looked at his sister, eyes widening a little as he saw them.

It was too much, she wasn't here. Samson got up and feeling the immense sadness from his son, Jasper looked in his direction.

"Samson don't leave," Jasper begged.

"No dad, I'm fine," He lied, leaving the house.

Samantha let out a shaky breath hearing her brothers sad thoughts and made it so she couldn't hear them anymore. How long was this going to last? Maria being here, her Dad acting like he was still in the army, being tense and controlling, Samson being upset, her mother being so far away, the whole family pretending that everything was ok and nothing happened to change the fact that they were just a bunch of vampires living in a really fancy house.

Jasper sighed and looked at the rest of his family. His daughter was cuddling with Leah, Leah was scrolling through her phone. Carlisle was with Esme, reading a book together. Alice and Macey had gone on holiday together, so they had missed all of this. Edward and Bella were usually at their cottage, not wanting to be around all the awkwardness. Nessie and Jacob were down at La Push. And Maria, well, she was just there. She always had something to say, and that was annoying, yet, Jasper felt like he didn't have the guts to tell her to leave.

Although they were nothing alike personality wise, sometimes Maria looked like Micara. Whether it was her turning the corner and his eyes playing tricks on him and thinking it was his wife, or she smiled, or did a facial expression, it actually always turned out to be his ex girlfriend.

Maria of course, could actually see the damage she's inflicted on the family. She knew that what she did, buying a gift off of the Volturi to use on her sister, to make her the bad one and manipulate her family into thinking she was bad, but why it didn't work on her children, or Issy, she didn't know.

Sam got up off of the sofa, Leah turning off her phone and looking up at her.

"Gonna go check on Sammy," She told the wolf that was looking at her.

"I'll come," Leah offered.

Not even giving a damn that everyone was probably looking at her, Samantha held out her hand for Leah to take, the wolf girl doing so. Then the two left, on the hunt for Samson.