N̶i̶n̶e̶t̶y̶-̶S̶i̶x̶

"I'm not sure I can fight this thing anymore- I don't know what it is but it's bad Sam," Jasper gasped, closing his eyes to try and steady the monster inside of him

"Dad!" Samantha rushed to him and hugged him tightly.

Jasper wrapped his arms around her, he held her tightly, wishing he could snap out of it. He'd torn his family apart, his kids hate him, Micara probably did too and he hated himself. With that thought, he kissed his daughters head opening his eyes as she began to talk once more.

"Dad, what do you mean? Mom's gone remember?" Jasper watched his daughter wince as her brown eyes looking into his.

"Issy knows where she is. Samantha, please," Jasper clenched his jaw, the struggling intense, "It may be your only chance to see her again, bring your brother. Go. Now,"

"Dad, hold on! You can't leave us again! We need you, it sucks without you, please!" Sam begged, clinging onto him for dear life.

Jasper's heart shattered. He didn't have long till he had to give into the monster within. Seeing his daughter cry for him to stay, hurt him more then ever. She needed him and he couldn't say how he truly felt because his alter ego would come out and hurt him, and it coming out now, so Samantha needed to get out of here.

"Now Samantha," 

As his daughter looked back up at him, she flinched slightly. If Jasper had to guess, it was his eyes. Slowly, Samantha began backing up then went into a full on sprint. Jasper stayed there for a second, putting up a fight still so his daughter could get away. Every minute he fought, the more pain he went through. With a groan, Jasper fell to the ground, a sharp pain going through his head as he continued to struggle. He had to give her a chance to see her mother. There was still good in him, he just proved it, but for how long?

Suddenly, there was shouting. Jasper didn't listen to it, he needed to focus to give his daughter and son a chance of getting free. They needed to be away from the disaster at the house. They needed this. He would much rather become a monster for the rest of his life just so his family could be free from Maria's reign, then see them suffer everyday because of the thing he got involved with. Maria was doing this not only because Micara had started a family with him, but because she was jealous.

Unfortunately, Jasper couldn't take the pain anymore and his alter ego broke though. Standing up, strong again, Jasper sped through the trees, trying to stop Samson and Samantha from getting away. He broke through the treeline and fury filled his eyes when he saw the kids in the car already. Maria was out on the porch with a terrible look of anger on her face. Jasper stood next to her, peering back at the car. He debated to go and stop the car, maybe stand in front of it or using his speed, grabbing the kids so Issy drives away, but decided against it. He'd get them back one way.

Jasper frowned as he saw his daughter mouth something to him, but he didn't know what she was saying. His attention changed anyway as Maria turned to him with a smirk. She pulled him close and immediately kissed him. It was awkward for him, but he shut his eyes and didn't do anything else, what was he supposed to do? Push her away and make her more pissed? But when a sob escaped his daughters mouth, he snapped his eyes open and looked at her. She'd seen... Why did it hurt him so much? Even though Samantha had turned back around and out of Jasper's view, he pushed Maria away and watched the car disappear, guilt and sorrow in his eyes.

"Why were you in the woods for so long?" Maria asked, appearing at his side once again.

"I needed to think," Jasper responded, he wasn't one to tell her things, even under a gift.

"You were fighting my gift," She corrected, "I felt it. And you let Samantha go. You put yourself through pain just so she could see her mother. Why do that for someone?"

"Because it would make them happy. You wouldn't understand," Jasper frowned.

The was silence for a moment.

"I was in love too once, you seem to forget that I wasn't always a monster Jasper,"

Maria walked away, leaving Jasper with his thoughts.