Chapter 50 Newlyweds Return

Kagome and Souta's parents were gone for a month. In that period, they hardly spent any time in the Tower. Most of the time, Kagome and Souta were in Westchester at Xavier's School, hanging out with Kagome's friends and the friends that Souta made as well. Sometimes, Kagome and Logan would leave Souta at the mansion so that they could go on dates. Or they would take him with them.

On this date, Kagome and Logan went to NYU with Marie and Piotr Rasputin, Rogue's boyfriend, to register for school. Marie was going to live in the Tower with Kagome so that she wouldn't have to live in the dorms on campus. Tony had told Kagome to ask Marie to move in with them, he wanted to see if he could make some bracelets for Marie to help her control her abilities, and Tony needed her to live at the Tower to do so.

So, Marie got everything she needed to start her classes in the fall. Marie decided that she would get a teaching degree to become a professor and teach at Xavier's school. At the same time, Piotr chose to become a psychologist and treat abused mutants at Xavier's school. Bobby and Kitty were going to go to school in Boston.

Kagome and Logan went to get Kagome's paperwork for her pre-med classes and her student ID, and then they all went to get their books. Once they had everything purchased, Logan took them out to eat. After that, they went to a movie then headed back to Westchester. When it got closer for the newlyweds to return, Kagome and Souta went back to the Tower. Marie would move in a week before school started. And Piotr would move into the old apartment that Tony had for Nodoka and Souta. At first, Piotr had refused, saying that Tony paying for his school was more than enough, but Tony made Piotr realize that he had earned that scholarship and that the apartment was going to sit there empty anyway; Piotr might as well put it to good use. Piotr finally agreed.

On July 24th, Kagome and Souta went back to the Tower to wait for their parents. Nodoka and Tony would arrive the following day, and the children wanted to go with Happy to the airport to pick them up. The next morning, JARVIS woke the kids up early to get ready and go to the airport to meet their parents. JARVIS informed them that their parents wanted to have breakfast with them, so there was no need for Kagome to make anything.

Once Kagome and Souta got ready, they went down to the parking garage, met Happy, and got into the car. They headed out to JFK airport, where they waited for their parents' plane to land. When the plane landed, Souta was bouncing on the balls of his feet, waiting for the plane's doors to open. The minute they did, Souta rushed off to greet their parents.

“Mom! Dad! Welcome home.” Souta cried.

Nodoka smiled at her son and hugged him tightly, and kissed his head. Tony was a little stunned that Souta called him dad. His heart filled with so much warmth and love for the little boy that when Souta crashed into him, Tony hugged him tightly and lifted him off the ground, “Hey sport, did you miss us.”

“Nah, I only wanted to see what you brought me from Italy,” Souta said with a grin.

Tony chuckled and ruffled his hair, “That's my boy.”

When Tony call him that, Souta turned bright red. Souta was so happy that he could now call Tony his dad. After Souta greeted their parents, Kagome stepped forward and hugged her mom and dad, “How was your honeymoon,” Kagome asked as they walked to the car.

“It was wonderful; we explored all of Italy,” Nodoka told her daughter, “How were things here,” She asked after greeting Happy.

“Good, we spent most of our time in Westchester at Xavier's school so Souta could be with his friends.”

Nodoka gave Kagome a pointed look, and Kagome blushed. *Do you plan on telling your father about Logan?* Nodoka thought.

*Not yet; I want to wait a little while longer.* Kagome answered.