Chapter 6 Across the Ocean

At 8am sharp there came a knock at the door, Souta rushed to the door.

"I'll get it." He announced.

When he answered the door, there was a burly man standing there in a black suit and sun glasses.

"Souta Higurashi?"

"Yes sir."

"I'm here to escort you and your family to the airport. May I go ahead and take the luggage?"

"Yeah sure, just don't take the yellow backpack, that's my sister's."

The driver picked up the other suit cases, then he noticed the bow and arrows on top on the backpack, he quirked an eyebrow.

"Okay."

Souta ran up stairs to let his mother and Kagome know that the car was there. Kagome took one last look around her room, took a deep breath, grabbed her purse and walked out.

At the door, Kagome picked up her yellow backpack and bow and headed out the door. Souta ran ahead of them and dashed down the steps. Kagome couldn't help but laugh at his enthusiam. When he got to the bottom, he stopped in his tracks.

"Whoa."

There in front of Souta was a black limousin, at that moment Nodoka and Kagome reached the bottom of the steps.

"Wow." Kagome said.

The driver finished putting the luggage in the trunk. He reached for Kagome's backpack, but she refused.

"Is it alright if I keep this and my bow with me?"

"Of course, Miss Higurashi, now." He opens the car door," If you all would get in, we're on a tight schedule."

Souta throws himself in the limo and immediately starts snooping around. The driver lets him know that there's juice, soda and snacks in the fridge. All the usual alcohol was removed.

The drive to the airport was quite a long one, due to the traffic. Once they arrived they were rushed aboard the plane and their luggage stowed away.

The flight attendant welcomed them aboard and asked them to take their seats. The Higurashi family took their seats and the plane taxied out onto the runway.

Kagome's stomach began to churn. This was it, there was no going back. She was on her way to meet her father. Nodoka noticed the stressed out look on her daughter's face, she gave Kagome's hand a little squeeze.

"It's alright, Kagome, everything is going to be fine. You father is going to love you and I know that you two will get along just fine."

Kagome smiled at her mother and returned the squeeze. She was still nervous but not as much. Kagome stared out the window as she watched the land fall away.

Pepper walked into Tony's mansion and saw all the chaos. The cleaning crew were everywhere. They were cleaning every nook and cranny as if they were trying to sanitize the place. She walked past the workers and walked upstairs. She knocked on Tony's door.

"Come in."

Pepper walked into Tony's bedroom and looked around, but the billionaire was not there.

"Tony, where are you?"

"I'm in the closet."

Pepper walked in and saw Tony holding up outfit after outfit to himself trying to figure out what to wear. He wanted to find the perfect outfit. One that didn't make him look the pretentious asshole he usually was. For Nodoka and his daughter he would be totally different.

"Tony, what's going on, why are you having your house sanitized.

"I'm trying to find the perfect outfit and as far as the cleaning, I just want the house to look it's absolute best."

"Why? Why are you going to so much trouble?"

"Because in a little less than 10 hours I'm going to meet my daughter."

Pepper's eyes widened and she looked at Tony in disbelief.

"I'm sorry, Tony, I thought you said you're meeting your daughter."

"Yeah, that's what I said."

Pepper sat down on the chair in his closet, "I can't believe it, you have a daughter. Actually, that's very believable, I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner."

Tony huffs and continues searching through his closet.

"How old is she?"

Tony paused for a minute, "She 17 years old."

"Oh my god, Tony, are you sure that she's yours? Have you done a paternity test?"

"I'm totally positive she's my kid, but I did tell her mother that I need to do a paternity test anyway. She readily agreed. Now don't just sit there, help me pick something out. I only have 8 hours and 45 minutes to pick something out that doesn't make me look like an asshole."

Pepper rolled her eyes and got up, she was used to picking out Tony's clothes. She simply picked out a pair of black jeans, one of his t-shirts that did not have motor oil on it and a pair of black Adidas.

Tony looked at her choices and quirked an eyebrow, "That was fast, are you sure I should wear this?"

"Well, you said you didn't want to come off like an asshole. These are your least asshole clothes."

Tony frowned, "Very funny."

Back on the plane, Kagome unbuckled her seatbelt and stood up. She stretched then helped Souta out of his. She and Souta looked over the plane, it was huge and had all the amenities anyone could think of. The thing that impressed Souta the most was the giant TV screen with every movie imaginable and a video game console. He went straight for the video games.

While her children explored the plane, Nodoka just sat back in the luxurious seat and closed her eyes. It had been 18 years since she had seen Tony. She wondered how much he had changed. According to what she had seen in magazines and on TV, he had changed quite a lot. Kagome noticed that her mother had not moved from her seat, she went to sit down next to her mother.

"Mom, are you okay?"

"Yes, dear, I'm just a little tired, I was planning on taking a little nap."

"Why don't you use the bed in the back?"

"I don't want to impose, dear?"

The flight attendant came by and brought Souta a soda. When Kagome saw her, she asked if her mother could use the bed in the back. The flight attendant told her that she was welcomed to it.

"Oh, Mrs. Higurashi, just to let you know lunch should be ready in an hour."

Nodoka smiles at the flight attendant, "Thank you."