Chapter 12 A Garden for Kagome

The next day was one of those rare days when Kagome woke up late and the only reason she was awake was because she could hear a lot of racket going on outside. She laid there for a while trying to go back to sleep, when finally frustrated, she kicked the covers off and got up. Kagome decided that she might as well get ready for the day. She showered and changed then headed downstairs.

Once she got there she was surprised by what she saw. Outside there was an entire landscaping crew tearing up parts of the land and were planting all sorts of trees, roses camellias, summer snap dragons, Azaleas, Japanese Cherry Blossom Trees, and a whole assortment of flowers. Kagome's eyes widen as she walked outside.

"What do you think?" Came a cry further into the garden. Kagome followed the voice and came upon Tony standing on a path with his arms spread out.

"What's all this?" Kagome asked.

"It's your very own garden, Baby Girl, and you can fill it with whatever flowers, plants or trees you want. Just let the landscape artist know.

Kagome covered her mouth in surprise, then ran to Tony, giving him a big hug. "Thank you, Tony, you have no idea how much I appreciate this!"

"Well, the surprise isn't over yet, did you unpack your stuff yet?"

"No, not yet."

"Good because I'm moving you out of the guest room, and into your permanent room."

They went back inside and Tony helped Kagome with her bags, while she carried her backpack to her new room. When they got there Tony threw open the door, it was twice as big as the guest room with it's own en suite a large bath, a seperate shower and vanity. But that was not what Tony wanted her to see, what he wanted her to see was that there were french doors that led outside. When he threw them open, they led right into her garden.

As for the rest of her bedroom, it was a neutral color and the only thing there was a queen size bed. "I didn't bother to decorate your room, I figured you would want to do that yourself." Tony informed Kagome.

"Thanks, Tony, you think we could go today and get my furniture?"

"Sorry, Kid." Kagome let it slide, "But, I have to go make an appearance down at Stark Industries, before the board members panic. If you want though I'll have Happy drive you, and Pepper can go along to help you, just in case you run into any trouble."

"Ah, I almost forgot your social security card got here today, along with some credit cards, the cards have an unlimited credit line, so no worries there." Tony said as he hands her several envelopes.

Kagome takes them, "Um, okay, you really didn't have to do that, but thank you." As Kagome hugged Tony she noticed off a little ways from the house there was some more construction going on. "What's that?"

Tony looked in the direction that she was looking then gave her a big excited smile.

"That, my dearest daughter, is where your new archery range will be. It's state of the art, you will have a regular range with stationary targets and you will also have moving targets, to make it a bigger challenge for you."

Kagome smiled at Tony and sighed. "You know, Tony, you don't have to do all these things for me, so far your doing a great job as a dad. You don't have to try to buy my love."

"I'm not doing that, well maybe a little, I just want you to be happy. Your mother said that archery makes you happy so there you go. Plus, think of this as my way of making up for 17 years of missed Christmases and birthdays." He paused and looked at her, "Kagome would you like a pony for your birthday?" Tony said in a baby voice and then smirked.

"By the way when is your birthday, I didn't actually look at it on your birth certificate, I was too busy admiring my name."

Kagome rolled her eyes, "September 24th."

"Well that whole custody thing was for nothing, since you turn 18 in a month."

"Yes, but I appreciate the effort of you trying to make it all legal and besides I'm still going to stay with you, even after I go to college, if that's alright?"

"Of course it's alright, I would like nothing more. But we'll talk about college later. First, let me call Pepper, so she can take you shopping, oh and take you to get an ID."

The morning went by rather quickly, Tony and Kagome were having breakfast when Pepper showed up, she was there in time to eat with them. Afterwards Tony grabbed his briefcase and kissed Kagome goodbye as he headed off to the garage to get into one of his cars.

Pepper and Kagome finished their coffee while Kagome explained what she wanted to do. Pepper asked her if she had certain colors in mind for her room, that she could have the painters by to paint it while they were gone. Kagome agreed and decided to have the room painted periwinkle with white trim.
Pepper called the painters and they were over in 30 minutes ready to work. Once the painters arrived Happy, Pepper and Kagome left.

Happy drove them to all the furniture shops in town, so Kagome could pick out whatever she wanted, mostly she picked out things that were organically made, things that made her feel one with nature. She had very simple tastes, she didn't pick anything too outrageous. Though she did change the queen size bed for a king. After all their shopping was done they went and got Kagome an ID, she didn't know how to drive so this would work for now.

Kagome and Pepper went out for lunch and were having a nice conversation. Kagome was curious about Pepper's relationship with her father so she went ahead and asked.

"So, Pepper, how long have you worked for Tony?"

"It seems like forever." Pepper answered with a sigh.

"And you and he are pretty close?"

"Yeah, you could say that, it's more like I'm his babysitter." Pepper gave Kagome a curious look then her eyes widened, "Oh Kagome, if you think your father and I are in a relationship, that couldn't be further from the truth. As a matter of fact I'm in a relationship with Happy."

"Kagome blushed, "Yeah, the thought crossed my mind, not that I would mind.

Pepper looked at Kagome and shuttered, "Me and Tony in a relationship, ew, that's just gross.

Kagome started laughing.