Chapter 41 A Night of Celebration

When Kagome finished studying for the night it was already midnight, she said goodnight to the others as everyone dispersed to their own rooms. When she opened the door to her room she found Logan already lying in her bed.

"Gym Teacher, really, Princess?" Logan asks.

"Well, what did you want me to tell him, 'Oh, Daddy, that man you just insulted, well, he just happens to be the man I'm in love with.' Yeah right, Logan."

"You're eventually going to have to tell him about us, you know that, right?"

"I know, but now is not the right time, I figure when my mom moves over here and we have her support, then I'll tell him. This way he can't ship me off to Japan, no one will be there. Ha ha."

Logan raises an eyebrow, "Okay, Princess, however you want to do it. Now go change so we can go to sleep."

Kagome quickly goes to the bathroom and does her nightly routine, she comes out then gets in bed with Logan. Giving him a kiss goodnight she snuggles into his arms and falls into a deep sleep.

The next few weeks, studying with JARVIS turned out to be a breeze, he would show them illustrations of anything they didn't understand and would help with in any way they needed. But he was also very clear that the day of their finals he would only be available for a quick review in the morning then all access to him would be revoked, so that there was no chance of cheating.

On the day of the exam, JARVIS did a quick review with the senior class and their access was terminated, but the seniors were confident that they would be able to get through their finals with now problems. And that's what happened they all passed with flying colors.

Kagome was so happy because she did in fact ace all of her exams, even the ones with Professor Xavier. He had informed her that her control over her telepathy and telekinisis had improved by leaps and bounds and that she would indeed be graduating with honors.

Logan was so proud of her that he made special reservations at a nice restaurant in New York to take Kagome out to celebrate. They would be spending the night at a little bed and breakfast after dinner.

Kagome was so excited about her date with Logan that she had Rogue help her curl her hair and do her make up. She wore a black thigh length black cocktail dress a sapphire necklace and sapphire earrings her dad got her for her birthday, she got in her car and drove down to the corner where she picks Logan up. He was wearing the same black suit he wore to the funeral except this time he had on a red shirt and black tie, and his black cowboy boots.

She smiled at him when she pulled up next to him, "You look really good in red."

Kagome tells him when Logan walks up to the driver's side door. He opens the door and she gets out, he looks her over and hums.

"Damn, Princess, you look gorgeous in that dress, maybe we should just skip dinner and go straight to bed."

"No, Logan, you promised me dinner, so let's go." she says as she switches seats with him, letting Logan drive.

They drive into New York and head to the restaurant. Logan pulls into the parking lot, gets out of the car and helps Kagome out of the car. She smiles at him and takes his arm as they walk into the restaurant.

Logan picked this particular restaurant knowing full well that it wouldn't be a place that Tony would frequent. So he and Kagome didn't have to worry about running into Tony in such a small place. He also knew that Kagome liked Italian food and so did he, so it was a win, win situation.

They were seated in a secluded part of the restaurant but still close enough to see the dance floor. Logan held the chair out for Kagome while she sat down then he took his seat. The waiter came over to take their drink order, then quickly left the happy couple.