Chapter 22 Logan Returns

Logan was gone for a month. Within that time period, Kagome continued to work on her meditation and also her training that she had started with Logan, though she missed him terribly. She was confused and hurt, Kagome didn't understand why Logan had left so abruptly. Was it because of her, was she getting on his nerves? Whatever the reason, she wanted him back.

Of course Kagome didn't sit in her room and pining away for Logan, she went to class, studied hard, continued her mentor lessons with Professor Xavier. She had already shown signifigant progress with her telepathy and telekinisis, faster than the Professor thought she would. It had to be because of her discipline as a Miko that she was able to catch on so quickly. But studying wasn't the only thing she did, Kagome went out with her friends to the movies or to the mall, or just hanging out in each others' dorm room or in the game room.

And every other weekend Happy would drive up from New York to pick her up and take her to see her father. Kagome thought it was weird that she didn't see her father every weekend, what she didn't know was that on those weekends when he wouldn't see Kagome, Tony would be in Japan visiting Nodoka.

On this particular weekend, Kagome was visiting Tony and his newly finished Stark Tower, "So, Baby Girl, what do you think?" Tony asked as he showed her around The Tower.

"The top ten floors are nothing but R & D, so your daddy has somewhere to go play."

Tony said as he playfully tweeks her nose. Kagome playfully slaps his hand away and sticks out her tongue.

"It's very nice, Daddy," Kagome said as she stared out over the New York skyline, "did you build the tower yourself?"

"Parts of it, yeah. Let me show you to your room." Tony led Kagome from the balcony further into the penthouse.

They went down the hallway that led to the bedrooms, The first down on the right was Kagome's room, he opened it and ushered her in. The room was absolutely beautiful, Tony had taken the time and energy to decorate it himself with a little help from Nodoka. It was exactly the way Kagome would have done it herself, she turned to her father and jumped into his arms.

"Thank you, Daddy, it's perfect!" She said as she gave him a big hug and kissed him on the cheek.

"I also have a room set up for your mom and Souta, I forgot to tell you that your mother has agreed to spend the summer with us as soon as Souta is out of school. He will be getting out before you so they'll be able to attend your graduation."

Kagome's smile faltered a bit.

Tony frowned, "What's the matter Kagome, what's on your mind."

"I just remembered that I haven't told Mom that I'm a mutant, and I don't know how she's going to react."

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that, I took care of it." Tony informed Kagome."

"You did, when?"

"Right after you started school, I talked to your mom and explained everything, she accepted it pretty easy. I guess after all the stuff you've done in the past, this didn't come as that big of a shock to her."

Kagome's beautiful smile appeared on her face again, "Thank you, Daddy, I had no idea how to tell her, does Souta know?"

"I don't know, Baby, but I'm sure she told him."

Once that was all settled, Tony took Kagome to dinner and then to a musical. After that the rest of the weekend passed by very well, with Tony and Kagome working in his garage, he was teaching her how to rebuild an engine.

Once the weekend was over, Happy drove Kagome back to school. As she said goodbye to Happy she noticed that the garage door was open, from where she stood she could see a certain someone's bike was parked inside. Logan had returned.