Chapter 14 Party Time

School was going great for Kagome, she made a lot of friends and was enjoying her classes especially her archery class. They had already gone to compete and Kagome blew the competition away. Of course Tony, Pepper, Happy were there cheering her on.

As the time got closer and closer to Kagome's birthday, Tony began to plan the biggest birthday party she had ever had in her life. Nodoka had called to see how things were going when Tony told her of his plans.

"Tony, Kagome is a simple girl, a big party will only embarrass her. I'm sure she'd rather just spend her birthday with you."

Tony was a bit disappointed, he wanted to give his daughter everything he could to make up for the time he lost. 

"Alright, I won't do anything too big," Tony tells Nodoka, "But you're still coming for her birthday, right?"

"Yes of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world. I have to go Tony I'll talk to you later."

Tony hung up then looked at Pepper, "I'm going to get her a car for her birthday."

"Tony, she doesn't know how to drive," Pepper reminds him.

Tony spins around in his chair, "That's okay, I'll teach her."

"Uh, no, if anyone is going to teach her how to drive, it will be Happy."

Tony pouts, "Why not me?"

"Because we don't need another maniac Stark on the road, besides you'll probably scare her.

"I can take it slow, I can be patient."

Both Happy and Pepper raise an eyebrow at Tony.

"Okay fine I neither have the patience nor can take it slow, but for Kagome I can."

"You won't last, Tony, just let Happy teach her."

Tony crossed his arms over his chest and huffed, "Fine."

"By the way, what kind of car are you going to get her?" Happy asked.

"It's a surprise, I will tell you this, it's a very simple muscle car. JARVIS and I have discovered that she likes muscle cars.

It was Friday morning and Kagome's birthday. She woke up to the most delicious smell, Kagome hurried, got ready and went downstairs. She found Tony waiting at the breakfast table for her.

When Tony saw Kagome, he got up and gave her a great big hug, "happy birthday, Baby Girl." Tony said to Kagome as he pulls out a present from his jacket pocket.

Kagome ripped the wrapping paper off and opened the box. Inside is a diamond tennis bracelet each diamond spelling out a letter of her name. Kagome gasped and covered her mouth.

"Thank you, Tony, but I can't accept this, it's too much."

Tony takes the bracelet out of the box, and puts it on her wrist, "Of course it's not too much, nothing is too much for my daughter. Besides I had it especially made so it can't be returned."

Kagome admires the bracelet, then hugs Tony again, giving him a kiss on the cheek, "Thank you, Tony."

"You're welcome, Kagome."

After that Tony led Kagome to the breakfast table, where a beautiful breakfast awaited them.

Kagome was amazed, "You did this all yourself?"

Well, I hired the chef who cooked all of this myself.

Kagome giggles while shaking her head.

Kagome and Tony sit down to enjoy their breakfast, afterwards Happy takes Kagome to school while Tony goes to work. When she got  to school all of her friends started wishing her a happy birthday. By the time school was over, Kagome had received flowers, balloons and stuffed animals from many of her friends.

When Kagome gets in the car, with Happy's help, she discovered that her father was there too, "Tony, what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to take you anywhere you want to go for your birthday."

Kagome thinks for a minute then told him she would like to go the the movies with him, Tony agreed. They went to go watch the latest movie with some actor in it named Robert Downey JR. Tony thought he was a good actor and enjoyed the movie. Afterward they went to have some ice cream then headed home.

When they got home the house was dark, Kagome gave Tony an odd look, he just shrugged his shoulders and walks toward the house.

They walked into the house and just as Kagome asks JARVIS to turn on the lights, all of her friends jumped out.

"SURPRISE!!" They all yelled.

Kagome nearly jumped out of her skin, then started laughing. Kagome had never had a surprise birthday party before, she looked at Tony and jumped into his arms.

"Thank you, Tony!" Kagome whispered into his ear.

"You're welcome, Baby Girl."

Once she let go of Tony, Kagome was swarmed by her friends, they all wished her a happy birthday. Before the kids started partying, Tony clapped his hands.

"Okay, before you kids go all wild, I have present number two for Kagome."

With that Nodoka, Souta, and grandpa came downstairs. Kagome squealed, ran to her family and fiercely hugged them all. She was crying the whole time. Once she finished hugging her family, her grandpa excused himself and went upstairs to go to bed.

Kagome hung out with her mom for a while, until she was pulled onto the dance floor. Nodoka went to go stand next to Tony.

"I thought you were going to keep this simple?" she said as she watched the wait staff make their way through the crowd of teenagers offering food and drink.

Tony puts his arm around Nodoka's shoulder, " I had my fingers crossed. Besides this isn't so big, I only invited her senior class, not the whole school. And look she's having a great time." Tony said as he points out Kagome.

But Tony's eyes narrow when he sees a blonde jock go up to Kagome and give her a kiss on the cheek, Kagome blushed prettily.

"OH, HELL, NO!" Tony said as he starts walking towards them, but Nodoka grabbed Tony by the arm.

"Tony, stop, it was just a kiss on the cheek." Nodoka tells him.

"Yeah now, soon they'll be exchanging spit!"

"Tony that's gross, Kagome isn't like that, besides she knows how to handle herself, she'll be fine. And anyway that boy's not her type.

Tony takes a deep breath to calm down, then his brain caught up with what Nodoka said. "Wait, Kagome has a type? What type so I can keep them away from her."

Nodoka smiles and walks away.

"Nodoka, wait, tell me what type!"

For the rest of the night, Tony kept a close eye on Kagome, trying to figure out what her type was. She was completely oblivious to the fact that Tony was spying on her. Tony also had JARVIS watching as well.

It was almost time to serve the cake, but Tony had one more surprise. He called for everyone's attention, "Okay it's almost cake time, but before that, present number three.

Tony took Kagome by the hand and led to the front door. When she opened it there sitting in the driveway was an Iron Man red was a Dodge Challenger with a big red bow on it. Kagome's mouth fell open, it was the exact car that she was always admiring. Tony handed her the keys.

"I don't know how to drive."

"I know that, Happy is going to teach you, at least go check it out." Tony encouraged.

Kagome goes over and sits in the car, she starts the car and revved the engine. Kagome laughs enjoying the sound of the engine.

"Are you going to take it for a spin?" One of her friends asked.

"I don't know how to drive," Kagome yells over the sound of the engine, everyone laughs.

They all go back inside, sing Happy Birthday and ate cake. That's when the fireworks started going off. Tony and Kagome stood next to each other watching the fireworks.

Tony wraps his arm around her shoulders, "Happy birthday, Baby Girl."

"Thank you, Dad."

Tony nearly cried.