Chapter 10 Talking, Shopping, Touring

Tony took them to a nice little Bistro that he knew. It was one of the few places that he could relax and be a normal person. He had been going there since he was a boy with his mother, and on very rare occaisons his father would join them. So the owners and their son, who was now running the place, knew Tony very well. Tony walked in first and was greeted warmly.

"Tony, how are you, it's been a long time.

"Yes it has, Ben, I'd like to introduce you to my daughter, Kagome."

Kagome pleasantly greeted the older man  and gave him a smile.

"And this is my…"

Tony didn't know what to call Nodoka, his baby momma? No that was stupid. He knew what he wanted to call her, but that was too forward, even for him. Nodoka stepped in front of Tony and offered her hand.

"I'm Nodoka, Kagome's mother and this is Souta my son."

Ben happily greeted them all, he then showed them to a table that was out of the way, but had a nice few of the ocean. He took their drink orders and left.

"This is a very nice place, Tony" Nodoka said.

"Yeah I've been coming here for years."

They had their lunch while discussing Kagome's future.

"There are several private schools here in Malibu, sending her away is out of the question. I just got my daughter I'm not going to be seperated from her anytime soon."

You know Tony that really isn't necessary, I only have one year of High School left. I can alway just go to a public school." Kagome tells him a little emabarrassed that he wanted to do this for her.

Tony, waved it off, "Nonsense, you deserve the best education I can provide for you, you and Souta."

Nodoka coughed at that, "Oh, Tony that isn't necessary, didn't I tell you, Souta and I are only staying for a few days Just until Kagome gets settled. We must return to Tokyo, Souta has school, and we can't leave Grandpa alone for too long."

There was no denying that Tony was disappointed, it was written all over his face, but he understood. Nodoka had other obligations to tend to.

"That's really too bad,I wish you didn't have to go, but I understand. Anyway, the school that appears to be the best is Our Lady of Malibu Private School."

He hands out the brochures to Nodoka, Kagome and Souta. Kagome wrinkled her nose at the thought of going to that school. She looked at the brochure for Malibu High School, she liked the classes they offered, the fact that everything was state of the art and that they had lots of extra curricular activities. What caught her attention though was the fact that they offer archery (I don't know if they do, just go with it.)

"She looked up at Tony very excited, "I like this school, Tony, do you think we can get a tour?"

"Are you sure Kagome, it's a public school."

"Tony, I don't need to go to a private school, this is my last year anyway, next year I start college."

Tony, couldn't deny the excited look in her eyes, he pulled out his phone, "Yeah, Pepper, Kagome liked Malibu High School. I need you to set up a tour to see the school, call me back when it's set up."

Ten minutes later, Pepper calls back, Tony said a few more things then hung up. "It's all set, we'll have the tour at 9:00 tomorrow morning." Tony says with a big smile.

Kagome gets up and gives Tony a hug, much to his surprise and delight.

"Well, now that, that's settled lets go shopping" Kagome and her mother just looked at each other.