Chapter 26 Death Of a Family Member.

"Mom what happened, are you alright, is it Souta?"

"We're alright, it's your grandpa, Kagome"

"What happened to Grandpa?"

"I'm sorry to tell you this, Sweetheart, but your grandpa passed away last night."

Kagome grabbed Rogue's arm as her eyes began to fill with tears, "How did it happen?"

"It was very peaceful, Dear, he passed away in his sleep."

By this time the tears were rolling down Kagome's cheeks, Rogue just looked at her confused.

"My grandpa passed away." Kagome whispered to Rogue.

Rogue wanted to hug Kagome but she was still on the phone with her mother.

"What are we going to do?" Kagome asked.

"I'm going to make all the funeral arraignments, you need to ask if you can get time out to come for the funeral and tell your father so you two can fly out."

"Okay Mom, I'm going to go talk to the Professor right now. I'll talk to you later."

The minute Kagome hung up Rogue pulled her into a hug, "Oh, Kagome I'm so sorry about your, grandpa. Is there anything I can do to help?"

Kagome gave her a sad smile as tears continued to fall. "Thanks for offering, but I need to go see the Professor to go get permission to miss classes."

Kagome lets go of Rogue and walks towards the Professor's office. Rogue stands there for a minute feeling terrible for Kagome also feeling useless, until it occurred to her that she could go tell Logan, she'll need him right now.

Kagome knocked on the Professor's door, he told her to come in, "I'm sorry for your loss, Kagome, of course it's alright that you miss classes." The Professor informs her.

Kagome was glad that the professor already knew why she was there so she didn't have to explain.

"Do you think the Professors with give me my assignments so I don't get behind?" Kagome asked.

"I'm sure they will, but are you sure you want to do them while you're in Japan, the assignments can always wait."

"Yes, I'll need something to take my mind off of things every now and then."

"Alright I'll speak to your professors."

"Thank you, Professor Xavier."

As Kagome is talking to the Professor, Rogue finds Logan in the Danger Room running through a simulation, he was almost finished with it. Once he was finished Rogue burst through the door.

"Logan it's Kagome!"

"What about Kagome?!" Logan asked completely alarmed.

"She got a call from her mom a little while ago, she just found her grandpa died." Rogue informs him.

"Where is she now?"

"She's with the Professor, asking for permission to go to Japan."

"I'll wait for her in her room, thanks, Marie, and remember not a word to anyone where I am."

Logan goes to Kagome's room, he goes and sits on the bed to wait for her. He didn't wait long, Kagome comes rushing into the room. Closing the door, she notices Logan sitting on her bed. Logan opens his arms and she rushes into them, she starts crying again. He just held her and rocked her back and forth, kissing her head and whispering that everything would be alright. Once she got control of herself she looked up at him.

"I have to call my dad."

"Do you want me to leave?" Logan asked.

"No, I want you to hold me."

Logan opens his legs as Kagome scoots in between them, then Logan wrapped his arms around her. She takes out her Stark Phone and dials her dad.

Tony was, of course, in the middle of building yet another Iron Man suit when his phone rang. Looking at the caller ID and seeing that it's Kagome, he's automatically worried because she should be in class right now.

"Baby Girl, what's wrong?"

Kagome paused, she snuggles more into Logan then answered Tony. "Daddy, grandpa passed away last night." She said as she shed more tears.

Tony's heart broke listening to his daughter cry. "Sweetheart, I'm so sorry, I'll call to get the jet ready, Happy will be up in an hour to get you. Don't worry I'll take care of everything, you get packed. I'll see you soon."

With that Tony hung up, he got his brief case with his Iron Man suit in it and put it on. "JARVIS have the jet ready in three hours and get Nodoka on the phone for me."

**Yes, Sir.**

Tony blasted out of the penthouse, while he was talking to Nodoka, he told her that he would handle everything. Tony had one of his executives take over the funeral arrangement and also the expenses. As he flew to the school, he told Nodoka that he and Kagome would be there as soon as possible, that he was on his way to go get her right now.

When Tony got to the school, Rogue was outside and saw him coming in for a landing, she quickly ran inside, up the stairs to Kagome's room, she knocked on the door.

"Kagome it's me, can I come in?" Rogue asked

"Yeah."

"Your dad just got here in his Iron Man suit."

Logan and Kagome look at each other, Logan lets go of Kagome and Kagome moves. "I better get going, stay here if you want, Logan."

"Nah, I'm sure your old man is going to come up here with ya to help you pack. If I can I'll see you before you leave."

Logan tells her as she gets off the bed and heads for the door, she comes back to the bed and pecks him on the lips, "See you later, before I leave."

Kagome races downstairs just when Tony stepped into the foyer. He sees her coming and opens his arms, Kagome throws herself in his arms and starts crying again.

Tony hugged her tight, "I'm sorry, Baby girl, how you holding up?"

"I'm okay, Daddy, I just can't believe he's gone.

"I know, Baby Girl, come on let's get your things packed at least for a week."

"Then I have to pick up my assignments for the week so I don't fall behind."

Tony and Kagome went upstairs to pack, Logan had long since left Kagome's room and had gone back to his, He was lying down on his bed wishing there was something more he could do for Kagome, when an idea occurred to him. He grabbed his phone, called the airline and booked a flight to Tokyo. Logan was going to be there to support his girlfriend, even if he couldn't actually be with her.