Chapter 4 A Pending Conversation

"When do I leave?" Kagome asks.

"Just as soon as I can make all the arrangements." Nodoka tells her daughter.

Kagome smiles and begins to head upstairs. Souta rushes after her.

"Come on, Sis, I'll show you some footage about Iron Man."

"Okay, squirt, lead the way."

They sat for hours in front of Souta's computer, going over as much footage of Tony Stark and Iron Man as they could find. Kagome found out that he was a lecherous man, just like a certain monk she once knew and that he was a bit immature. But she could also see that he had a good heart and that he did want to make the world better.

At one particular video of him at a press conference, Kagome had Souta pause the video. She began to compare herself to him. She noticed that for the most part she resembled her mother, though Kagome could see that she did have his ears and his cheekbones and chin.

While Kagome and Souta are looking at things related to Iron Man, Nodoka was in her room, more specifically in her closet taking down a shoe box. In that box was a phone, the first Stark Phone that Tony ever made. She turned it on to see if it still worked and sure enough it did and was fully charged. She goes through the contact list until she comes across Tony's number.
Nodoka prays that Tony still has the same phone number. She takes a deep breath and dials the number.

It was two in the morning in Malibu and Tony Stark had just started on his second bottle of Scotch. Tony was having one of those nights where he couldn't stop thinking of Nodoka. Though this night was worse, it would have been their anniversary if she had given him the chance to propose, instead she walked out of his life.

Tony was propped up on the sofa in his living room drinking Scotch from a glass staring at the engagement ring that he had got her. When JARVIS informed him that there was a call for him.

"Who the fuck would be calling me at two in the morning?" Tony said as he slumps further into the sofa.

**Sir, the call originates from Japan, and it is only 6pm there.**

"Well who the hell is it?"

**Caller ID shows that it is someone named Nodoka Higurashi.**

Tony was in the middle of taking a drink when his eyes widen and  he spits his drink out and drops the glass, shattering it.

"JARVIS put the call through." Tony pulls his Stark Phone out from his pocket just as the call comes through. Tony clears his throat before he talks.

"Hello?"

There was a long pause, Nodoka couldn't believe that it was Tony, tears well up in her eyes.

"Hello?" Tony asks again.

"Tony?" Nodoka said in a timid voice.

Tony's mouth fell open and he nearly dropped the phone, "N-Nodoka, is that you?"

She sighs, "Yes, Tony, it's me, how have you been?"

Tony closed his eyes for a moment, he placed his hand over his heart. 'Completely miserable without you, how have you been?' Tony thought bitterly.

"Oh, I've been great how 'bout yourself, how's married life treating you?"

Tony couldn't believed he asked that, he really didn't want to know how her stupid marriage was.

"I'm fine, though I'm a widow now. My husband died 12 years ago in a car accident.

"I'm sorry for your loss." Tony said though he wasn't sure if he meant it.