Chapter 42 Gifts and Graduation

The next day Kagome was up early, she carefully extricates herself from Logan's grasp and goes to the bathroom to shower and change. By the time she comes out, Logan is already awake, he takes her place in the bathroom and also showers and changes. They head downstairs and had breakfast with the few other guests that were staying at the Bed and Breakfast, then head back to Xavier's.

Today there was a lot of things to do, The following day was graduation and they had to get the mansion set up to receive the parents and guardians of the graduating class. Plus the girls were going to go shopping for dresses and the boys were going for their suits.

As soon as Kagome and Logan got home, Rogue practically yanks Kagome out of Logan's arms and they run upstairs so she could tell her how her night went. Rogue wanted to know everything that happened between Kagome and Logan.

"How was ya'll's date?" Rogue asks

"Oh it was wonderful, he took me to an Italian restaurant, the food was great the atmosphere was perfect and he actually danced with me. Did you know he could dance?"

Rogue looks at her wide eyed, "No, I had no idea, does he dance well?"

"Oh, Kami, so well, we danced the Tango."

"NO!"

"Yep, then afterwards we spent the night at a Bed and Breakfast in Brooklyn. It was so nice, Rogue." Kagome said with a sigh and fell back onto her bed.

"I'm glad you had a nice time, but now it's time to go shopping for a new dress for graduation."

Kagome sat up and smiles at Rogue, "Okay let's get everyone together and go."

In the meantime, Logan had already left the mansion and was heading to a jewelry store, he had decided he wanted to buy Kagome a graduation present that he would have Rogue give her. He walked into the store and started looking around at all the jewelry. His eyes lingered on the diamond engagement rings for a second and he smirked.

'Later.' Logan thought to himself.

Logan ended up purchasing a charm bracelet and several charms for it. One was a Magnolia flower to represent Rogue since it's the state flower of Mississippi another was a wolf to represent himself and another was custom made symbol of the X-Men to represent the school. Logan smiles as he leaves the Jewelry store with his gift for Kagome, he knows she's going to love it.

Back in New York, Tony Stark is at the most expensive Jewelry store in New York City with Pepper and he's looking at engagement rings.

"Tell me the truth, Pepper, you think I'm rushing into this?" Tony asks his closest friend.

"No, not at all, I've never seen you take a relationship this slowly since I've known you." Pepper tells him, "Are you nervous she'll say no?"

"Not at all, I know Nodoka loves me, and I love her, but maybe proposing at Kagome's graduation isn't the right thing to do. I'm going to be stealing my little girl's thunder."

"No, Tony, Kagome isn't like that, if anything she'll be thrilled out of her mind if her parents get engaged the same day she graduates."

"Right, you're right, my daughter is nothing like her old man." Tony says.

Pepper had her doubts about that one, she noticed how nervous Kagome got when that supposed gym teacher walked by. Pepper could have sworn she saw his eyes linger on Kagome for a second, she was going to have pay a little bit closer attention at the graduation tomorrow.

In the meantime Pepper helped Tony pick out a very elegant but simple engagement ring for Nodoka. One that went with Nodoka's simple style yet still costed Tony a fortune which appealed to his vanity. Tony took the box the ring was in and put it in his pocket. He was ready for the next day, now all he had to do was wait til the following day and then he would pick up Nodoka and Souta from their apartment and they would drive together to the mansion.