Chapter 49 The Big Day

The next day, Pepper showed up at 7:00 to take the bride-to-be and Kagome out to breakfast then to Kleinfeld Bridal. Based in the heart of Chelsea, Kleinfeld Bridal's 30,000-square-foot salon is the largest luxury bridal retailer in the world, with the broadest selection of American and European designers. Tony wanted Nodoka to have the wedding dress of her dreams.

The girls went out and had a filling breakfast. After they had breakfast, they headed to Kleinfeld Bridal's to pick out a wedding dress. They spent the better part of the morning picking out a wedding dress, and bride maids dress for Kagome and Pepper. When Nodoka finally picked out her dress, it needed to be altered slightly to fit her frame. Nodoka chose a white lace fishtail dress. And for Kagome and Pepper, she decided a Floral Print long Cheongsam dress. Both women looked stunning in it.

While Kagome was trying on her dressing in the dressing room, she decided to take a selfie so that she could show Logan since he wasn't going to be able to attend the wedding. She took the picture and sent it to him. A few seconds later, she got a response.

**You look beautiful in that dress; I wish I go with you to your parent's wedding.**

**I know, Logan, so do I.**

Kagome put her phone down and changed back into her clothes. After picking out the dresses, Nodoka, Kagome, and Pepper left the bridal shop and met Tony and Souta for lunch. Tony pestered Nodoka about her wedding dress, trying to find out what it looked like. Nodoka giggled, “You're going to have to wait until the day of our wedding, Tony.”

Tony groan, “Nodoka, I don't like waiting. I want to know now!”

“Tough cookies,” She said with a laugh and kissed his cheek.

The weeks went by, and the wedding date grew closer and closer. Tony was getting more and more anxious. Everything was already arranged; all of Nodoka and Souta's things were moved into the Tower though she refused to live in the penthouse with Tony and Kagome. She and Souta lived on the floor below, much to Tony's dismay.

“But, Honey, we're going to be married soon. What does it matter if we share a bed now?”

“No, Tony, I want to do this right, please understand.”

Tony sighed, “Whatever makes you happy, Love.”

On the day of the wedding, Tony was a nervous wreck. He had never been so scared in his entire life. Rhodey was in the penthouse with him trying to calm him down, “Don't you have any alcohol to settle your nerves or something.”

“I don't drink anymore. Why don't you make me a cup of tea,” Tony asked.

“Tea, are you serious?”

“Yes, tea, Nodoka got me hooked on the stuff; it helps me sleep.”

Rhodey stared at Tony for a moment, “Alright, tea coming right up.”

Rhodey put the kettle on and got a mug down from the cupboard; he didn't think a teacup would be enough. When the water was ready, Rhodey steeped the tea and made it exactly the way Tony told him to and handed Tony the mug. Tony took the cup from Rhodey, but his hand was shaking so severely that Rhodey took it away from him.

“Tones, sit down before you collapse. I've never seen you so nervous.”

“Platypus, I'm about to marry the love of my life. The woman I have never been ever to get over. And I'm scared to death I won't be able to make her happy. What if I'm a terrible husband and father to Souta.”

“Oh, come on, Tony, you're going to be a great husband. I've never seen you so happy, and you've changed so much and all for the better. And as far as being a good father to Souta, of course, you'll be. Look at how good you are with Kagome.”