Chapter 21 Kagome's Lesson.

After taking the aspirin and putting the ice pack on her head, she fell asleep. When she woke up Kagome felt so much better, she look at the clock and realized she had ten more minutes left until her English Literature with Professor Xavier. So Kagome ran to the kitchen and made herself a sandwich, which she quickly wolfed down. Kagome finished just in time for the bell to ring effectively ending lunch.

Kagome went back to her room, grabbed her books and walked to Professor Xavier's classroom, when she walked in the Professor gave her a smile.

"Ah, Kagome, first to class I see. Welcome to English Literature, how's your headache?"

Kagome looked at him surprised, then she reasoned that if anyone were to know of her headache it would be him.

"Much better, thank you. I didn't have time to meditate, but Logan brought me some aspirin and an ice pack."

Charles lip twitched, "That was very kind of him."

"Yeah I thought so too."

"Well, my dear, why don't you have a seat up here in the front and tell me, are you enjoying the rest of your classes? Aside from the introductions, I mean."

Kagome giggled, "Aside from that, I like them very much. I'm actually surprised that I like math, Professor Summers makes it easy to understand, even better than my dad. Sometimes my dad would make it more complicated than it was, that I would have to get JARVIS to help me in the end. How are you liking the Stark Tech?"

"I must admit that I thought all this advanced technology would be confusing and difficult to operate, but with the help of your father's AI, JARVIS, it's been quite easy and fun." Professor Xavier  said with a chuckle.

"Yeah, JARVIS makes everything easy."

While they were talking the classroom began to fill. Once the bell rang, the Professor got started, not bothering to have Kagome do an introduction, which she was thankful for.

The class ended an hour later and everyone got up to leave, but Professor Xavier stopped Kagome.

"Kagome, I need you to stay, please."

"O-Okay."

"No need to worry, my dear, your next class is right here with me. We shall start on controlling your telepathy."

Kagome nodded and sat back down.

"Now, we're going to start with you blocking out every other voice you hear, except the person you want to hear, namely me. What I need you to do is to drop your shield. You will be bombarded with voices, but I want you to imagine just turning the volume down on all the other voices until you hear nothing but my voice."

Kagome nodded, she took a deep breath and dropped her shield. Just as the Professor said, she was bombarded with voices of all the students and teachers in the school. She immediately slapped her hands over her ears and started to panic.

"Kagome, stay calm, and do as I said, turn the volume down."

She took a deep breath and began to lower the imaginary volume until there was nothing.

*Can you hear me?*

"Yes, Professor."

*Don't answer me out loud, use your mind.*

*Sorry, Professor, I can hear you just fine.*

*Good, now you may not be able to keep this up for very long in the beginning, but with practice, you will improve.*

The minute he said that, Kagome lost control and the voices came flooding back. Professor Xavier quickly erected a barrier around Kagome's mind.

"Are you alright, my dear?"