Chapter 40 Back At School

Bold is JARVIS speaking
Italics is Telepathy

Kagome was up at 5am showered and ready to get going, she knocked on Tony's door to let him know that she was heading out already. Tony lifts his head from his pillow and rubs his face.

"Why so early, Baby Girl?" Tony asks as he sits up.

"I want to get settled in, have breakfast with my friends and just be sure I get there in time for class."

"Okay then, give me a minute." Kagome waits for him in the living room.

Tony gets up, goes to his bathroom to do his business then comes back out still in his pajamas and robe. He grabs her bags and they head down towards the garage where Happy is waiting for them. Once they get to the car, Happy takes Kagome's bags and puts them in the trunk.

Kagome turns to her father and gives him a huge hug. "Well, Daddy, this is it. I don't think I'll be coming down anytime soon, since I'll be catching up on my school work and studying for finals."

"That's fine, Baby Girl, I have a lot of work to do as well, but that doesn't mean you can call and stuff, and maybe one weekend come see me." Tony says with a pout.

Kagome laughs, "Okay, Daddy, one weekend."

She hugs her dad one last time as Happy informs her its time to go. Kagome gets in the car and waves goodbye to Tony as they pull out of the garage.

The traffic is light on her way to Westchester and they made it in exactly 45 minutes. Kagome was getting more excited as she got closer to the school, she and happy were a few miles out from the school when she contacted Logan telepathically.

*Logan, I'm almost at the school, we'll be there in 15 minutes*

*Good, Princess, I just got up, I'll meet you in the sparing room.*

*Great, I love you*

*Love you too, Princess.*

Kagome almost squealed with excitement when they rounded the corner and she saw the mansion. Kagome took in some calming breaths as the pulled up in front of the mansion, she couldn't let Happy see that she was entirely too eager to get back to school or he would report it to Tony. Happy opened the door for her and she calmly got out. He got her bags from the trunk and carried them to the door where Jean had opened the door for her.

"Welcome home, Kagome.

"Thank you, Professor Grey."

"I didn't get to tell you before you left, but I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thank you, he's in a better place now."

Jean gave Kagome a hug while Happy left her luggage in the foyer. Kagome then turned to Happy and gave him a hug.

"Thanks for the ride, Happy, I really appreciate it."

"Anytime, Kiddo." Happy tells her as he returns the hug, "You need help with the luggage?" He asks.

"No, I'll just use my powers to get them upstairs, thank you anyway."

With that, she gave him another hug and told him to have a safe drive back. Kagome then used her telekinisis to float her luggage up the stairs to her room. she set them down went to the bathroom to change then quickly called her father.

"Hello, Daddy, I got to school alright."

"Okay, Baby Girl, have a nice day and call me if you need anything."

Okay, Daddy, I love you, bye.

"Bye, Baby."

Once Kagome hung up, she made her way to the sparring room, she opened the door and was grabbed by the wrist, she immediately twisted the the other persons hand and threw them to the floor. Her feet were pulled out from under her and she was pinned by a massive weight.