Chapter 27 Returning Home

Tony and Kagome packed her things, by the time they were finished Charles called them into his office. He gave Kagome her assignments for the week. Kagome excused herself saying that it was between classes and she wanted to catch her friends to say goodbye to them. Kagome took off down the hall and caught Rogue, Kitty Bobby and Peter, before they went to their next class. Rogue had already informed them what had happened so they were all very sympathetic.

"I'll see you guys in a week."

"Take care Kagome, and send our sympathy to the rest of your family for us." Kitty said.

"Thanks you guys."

They all walked off, but before Rogue left she whispered to Kagome that Logan was in his room.

Kagome went into Logan's room and found him sitting in his arm chair staring out the window.

"I'm leaving now, Logan."

Logan's heart hurt when she said that, though he knew he would see her soon it still hurt. He got up from his arm chair, turning to face her, Logan walked up to Kagome who had tears rolling down her face again.

Logan wiped the tears away with his thumb, "Don't cry, Princess, he's in a better place."

"I know he is, but that's not why I'm crying, I'm going to miss you so much, Logan." Kagome said as she hugged Logan.

He tilted her head up, kissing her lightly on the lips, "I'm going to miss you too, but it's only for a week. You better get goin' before your old man get suspicious."

She hugged him around his middle then went to his closet and took one of his t-shirts. Logan quirked an eyebrow.

"Just so I can smell you."

Logan chuckled, "Okay."

Kagome kissed him one last time, then left. She rushed downstairs, puts Logan's shirt in her suitcase then goes back upstairs to Xavier's office where Charles had just finished stalling Tony by giving him an update on how Kagome was doing and how the tech was working out.

"I see your driver has arrived." Charles informs them.

"Okay, then I guess that's our cue to get going, come on, sweetheart."

Tony led Kagome downstairs, he grabbed her suitcase, walked outside with his arm around Kagome. Happy gave Kagome a hug and his condolences, then took her suitcase. With that they were off.

About an hour later, Logan was packed. He went to inform Charles what he was doing then left on his bike. By the time Logan got to the airport Tony and Kagome had long since left. Logan makes his way into the airport, he sighs, it was going to a long 14 hour flight especially since he hated flying, but he was going to endure. Logan took the pat down instead of going through the metal detectors then boarded his flight, he hoped that maybe he could sleep the whole flight. Right before he fell asleep he caught a weird scent of fox in the air, Logan looked around shrugged then went to sleep.

Tony and Kagome got to the shrine, Kagome jumped out of the car. She rushed up the shrine steps yelling for her mom and Souta the whole time.

"Mom, Souta, I'm here!"

Souta came running out of the house, "Sis, you made it!" Souta said as he hugged his sister.

"Of course I made it, do you think I would miss grandpa's funeral?"

At that point Nodoka came running out of the house and enveloped Kagome and Souta in a hug. By that time Tony has made it up the steps and is watching the scene, he sees them all crying, walks over and gets in on the group hug as well. They break apart and Nodoka invited them into the house for some tea.