Chapter 7 Arriving at the Mansion

Tony was all set, the house was immaculate, though, it still had that lived in feel. The fridge was stocked, and he had already showered and changed into the outfit that Pepper had picked out for him. Tony was ready to meet his daughter!

An hour later:

Tony was not ready to meet his daughter. The closer it got for them to arrive, the more nervous Tony would get, and he couldn't even have a drink to settle his nerves. The last thing he wanted was for Kagome or Nodoka to smell alcohol on his breath. Tony didn't know what to do with himself, until finally he gave up and went to to his lab to work on yet another Iron Man suit. That should occupy his time.

Kagome, Souta, and Nodoka were all strapped into their seats, the jet was coming in for a landing. Kagome looked out the window and saw all the lights of Los Angeles, her heart started beating faster. Nodoka lays a comforting hand on Kagome's arm. Kagome places her hand over her mother's and smiled at her. Souta, who was sitting across from Kagome, placed a hand on her knee trying to comfort her.

"Don't be nervous, Sis, everything will be fine."

"Thanks, Souta."

"I mean, you're only going to meet your genius, billionaire dad who is also Iron Man. The guy that defeated Iron Monger and Whiplash. What do you have to be nervous about?"

"Thank you, Souta, I feel so much better." Kagome says sarcastically.

"No really, he's a hero that saved countless lives. You're a hero who saved the world from Naraku, and you did it without some fancy suit of armor. You guys are going to get along great!" Souta says in an excited tone.

"And just so you know, you will always be my favorite hero, Kagome."

"Aw, thank you, geek."

"Hey!"

The plane finally landed and taxied to a stop. Kagome looked out the window and saw a black car waiting for them. She swallowed hard. The flight attendant opened the door then she told them that they could unbuckle their seat belts now. Nodoka stood up first and headed for the door, clutching her mother's arm, Kagome followed closely behind. Followed by a very excited Souta.

"Thank you Miss for all your help, we enjjoyed the flight." Nodoka tells the flight attendant.

"Your welcome Mrs. Higurashi. There is a car waiting for, the luggage is already in the trunk."

Kagome picked up her backpack, purse and bow, "Miss, do you know if Mr. Stark was going to meet us?"

"I don't know, Miss Higurashi, but I guess you'll find out."

With that, they got off the plane. When Happy spotted them, he got out of the car.

"Mrs. Higurashi?

"Yes."

The Happy smiles at the little family, "Hello, I'm Happy Hogan, I'll be driving you to Malibu."

Happy saw Kagome with her giant backpack, "Do you need a hand with that?"

Kagome smiles at Happy, but shakes her head no. "Thank you Mr. Hogan, but I prefer to carry it myself.

"Suit yourself, and you can call me Happy." he said with a smile.

"Then you can call me Kagome."

Happy opened the door for the Higurashi family and they get in. Kagome noticed the mini fridge, she opens it and takes out a bottle of water. The alcohol was cleaned out of this car too.

Kagome leaned back in her seat and closed her eyes Her heart was racing again and she was trying to calm down. Suddenly see leans forward.

"Hey, Happy, how much longer until we get to Malibu?"