Chapter 38 Farewell Japan.

Kagome watched as Logan walked away, tears streaming down her face. Her head dropped forward as she sighed, hiding her tears from the others. Shippou comes over and puts his arm around her.

"Come on, Kagome, let's get you home."

Kagome nods and lets Shippou lead her out of the airport, Souta and Nodoka bringing up the rear.

When they get back to the Sunset Shrine, Shippou hugs his mother and tells her that he won't be able to come over the next day so he wished her a safe trip back. Kagome gives him a fierce hug.

"I'm going to miss you Shippou."

"So will I, mother, but now that I know where you are, I can visit you." Shippou tells Kagome.

"I'd like that."

Shippou goes on to say goodbye to the others and leaves. Kagome's shoulders slump and she lets out a sigh. Nodoka wraps her arm around her daughter and leads her up to her room.

"Come along, Kagome dear, it's time for bed. You need to get some rest after such a trying day."

"Okay, Mom."

Kagome lets her mother lead her upstairs. Once in her room, Kagome changes and gets ready for bed. She goes into her suitcase and pulls out Logan's shirt, sniffing it, her eyes begin to water knowing that tonight was going to be the first night in a long time that she was going to sleep alone. Kagome puts the shirt over the spare pillow and hugs it to herself as she lies down.

*Logan.* She thinks.

*Yeah.*

Suddenly she bolts upright, she looks around her room wondering if she heard that right.

*Logan is that you?*

*Yeah, Princess, I was wondering when you were going to figure out that you can still reach me telepathically.* Logan thinks with a laugh.

*Jerk, why didn't you tell me?!* Kagome screams in her head.

Logan winces on his end, then chuckles, *Why didn't you think of it earlier?*

*I… I don't know, I guess it didn't cross my mind. I can't believe it I can still talk to you!*

*Well, believe it Darlin' I'm with you whether you want me to be or not.*

Kagome squeals, they talk for a little while until Kagome gets tired. She yawns and stretches, getting under her covers, she makes herself comfortable. She grabs the pillow that Logan had been using that know has his shirt on, and snuggles into it.

*Logan, I'm tired, I'm going to bed now.*

*Alright, Princess, sweet dreams.*

*Goodnight, Logan, I love you.*

*I love you too, Darlin'*

With that, Kagome lets out a contented sigh and goes to sleep.

The next day Tony shows up wearing jeans and a Black Sabbath tee shirt and sneakers. He wanted to be comfortable for the plane ride home. Knocking on the front door early in the morning, Nodoka answers.

"Quick are the kids up?" He asks.

"No, Tony, they're not, why?"

"So I can do this." Tony says as he pulls Nodoka out of the house and kisses her squarely on the lips.

When they part, Tony places his forehead against Nodoka's, "Hi."

Nodoka blushes, "Hello, Tony."