Chapter 54 Happy Day

Tony was giddy thinking of having more children; it made him even happier knowing that he and Nodoka were having twins. He told his wife that it didn't matter to him if they had boys or girls, but if he was honest with himself, Tony wanted the pair. One of each he could spoil and teach. Also, with his OCD, he couldn't handle an odd number of kids. He didn't want either Kagome or Souta to be outnumbered.

Tony couldn't wait to tell his kids about the pregnancy. He fussed over Nodoka the rest of the day, ensuring she was comfortable and not straining herself.

Nodoka laughed at her husband, “Tony, I'm fine, and so are the babies. You don't have to keep hovering over me.”

“I can't help it. I missed your pregnancy with Kagome; I'm not missing a single moment of this one.”

Nodoka patted Tony's hand and smiled. She would let him spoil her to make up for missing her first pregnancy. After making sure his wife was comfortable, he called Pepper. He told her he needed to set up a small dinner party with only their closest friends, “Nodoka and I are going to announce her pregnancy tonight,” Tony explained.

“That's great, Tony; leave everything to me.”

So, Pepper called Rhodey and Happy; she told them about the dinner and that they should be at Stark Tower by seven. She called Kagome and said, “Kagome, this is a special dinner for the family, and your dad needs you and Souta there.”

Logan, who was standing next to Kagome, nodded. If it was that important to her dad, she should go, “Alright, Pepper, Souta, and I will be there.”

“Be sure to tell your friends they're invited too,” Pepper informed Kagome.

“Okay, Pepper, I'll let them know. What time should we be there?”

“Your parents want you here by 7:00.”

“Okay, we'll be there,” Kagome confirmed. It was only 1:00, which gave her and Souta plenty of time to be with Logan.

The two couples and Souta left Central Park and headed toward the nearest theatre. Logan paid for everyone, and Kagome bought the snacks. They went into the theatre to watch a double feature. After the movie ended, they returned to the Central Park Zoo's parking lot. Everyone got in the car except for Logan and Kagome. Kagome walked Logan to his bike. She hugged him, and he leaned down to kiss her.

“Call me tonight,” Logan said.

Kagome nodded, “I will. I love you, Logan.”

Logan kissed Kagome again and placed his forehead against hers, “I love you too, Princess.” With that, Logan pulled away from Kagome, got on his bike, and left. Kagome sighed and got in the car; it was now time to find out what their parents had to tell them.