Chapter 11 Returning To Japan

A week went by and it was time for Nodoka and Souta to go home, they had stayed longer than they had planned. But it was a fun week, Tony had taken them to the beach, to Disney Land, Universal, they flew to San Diego, and to San Francisco, anywhere they wanted to go. Sadly, the time had come.

They all stood next to the plane as Kagome said a tearful goodbye to her mother and brother. She hugged them both  fiercely, tears were streaming down her face.

"Call me as soon as you get home, okay, Mom" Kagome tells her mother.

"I will, dear, don't worry." Nodoka said to Kagome then gives her a kiss.

Nodoka then walks up to Tony, she kissed him on the cheek, "Thank you, Tony, thank you for taking care of Kagome. I honestly think that she'll get better being with you.

Tony smiled, hugged and kissed Nodoka on the cheek. "It is an honor to help my daughter in any way I can. I wasn't there for her when she was little, I don't hold that against you, but I am part of her life now and I will do everything in my power to help her and keep her safe."

Nodoka teared up and hugged Tony tighter.

Kagome said goodbye to her little brother, "See you later, Geek, take care of yourself and of Mom and Grandpa. And give Grandpa a hug for me." She said as she hugs him then ruffles his hair, he slapped her hand away.

Tony also said goodbye to Souta, giving him a warm hug. "Bye Squirt, well see you over the Christmas holiday. Either you come back here or we'll go over there, okay?" Souta happily agreed.

Tony turned around, seeing  mother and daughter hugging again, he smiled sadly, knowing just how much it hurt Kagome to let her mother leave. Finally, Nodoka let go of Kagome and started walking towards the plane, Souta already on board.  Tony walked up to her and hugged one last time.

"You have a safe trip and I want you and Souta to have these," Tony pulled out three new Stark phones out of his pocket.

Nodoka looked down at them, and up at Tony confused.

"These are the newest versions of the Stark phone, and by new I mean a couple of hours old. I'm giving you three so you can give one to Souta and your father - in - law, just in case he ever needs it. The phone is already programmed with all my numbers and Kagome's new cell number, which I haven't given her yet. Yours has a special feature, if you have an emergency that you need me, JARVIS is programmed into your phone. He'll get a hold of me ASAP and I'll be there as fast as I can."

She gave him another kiss on the cheek, "Thank you, Tony, you have no idea what this means to me. Now we really must be going, I will see you later, Tony, take care of our little girl."

Nodoka got on the plane and it taxis out to the runway and they were off. Tony and Kagome stood there and watched the plane get smaller and smaller. Tony carefully put his arm around Kagome, she did not pull away.

"Don't worry, Kagome we'll see them on your first break."

Kagome nodded and sighed, they both turned and headed back to the car. As they are walking something suddenly occurred to Tony.

"Hey, Kagome, I don't know why I didn't ask you this before, but why is it that you and Souta speak English so well?"

"Oh, Mom taught us from a young age until we could speak it without an accent. I guess she was preparing me for when I might me you." Kagome explains.

They get into the car and Happy drives them back to the house, "There's something else I wanted to ask. Do you need a place of your own to meditate?"

Kagome thought for a moment, "No, Tony, that's alright, though I'm used to meditating in a garden, the balcony works just fine."

Tony nods, then asks her if she want a tour of Stark Industries, Kagome agreed and Happy changed course. They get to Stark Industries and he shows her the R & D. Tony showed her the giant Arc Reactor and explained that he was able to make a smaller version to keep the shrapnel from reaching his heart. She was amazed that he was able to make a crude form in a cave in order to escape. Kagome descreetly laid a hand on his shoulder and pushed a little bit of her powers into him, just to see how bad the damage really was. She could see that indeed there was a great deal of damage done to his heart. She noticed that he still had a little pain from his injury, so she carefully pushed some of her healing powers into him and eased his pain. Tony never noticed, he just suddenly felt better.

After the tour, Kagome and Tony went to a nice Restaurant to have dinner, Kagome insisted that she could cook for him, but he refused,

"Can't a father take his own daughter out to eat, Sheesh!" Tony said with a smirk.

Kagome smiles and shakes her head, "Alright, if it will make you happy."

"Yes, yes it would."

They get to the restaurant and are seated right away, "Boy that was fast, we didn't even have to wait." Kagome said.

"That my, dear daughter, is the power of the Stark name, plus the fact that I own this restaurant."

Kagome chokes on her water, "You own this restaurant?!"

Tony shrugs, "Yeah, I liked it, I bought it, I own it."

"Do you do that often, buy restaurants and stuff?"

Tony pressed his lips together, "Maybe. Well, let's not think of that now, let's just enjoy our dinner."

They ordered their food and drinks then sat there in silence for a moment, until Tony finally spoke.

"So, this is your last year of high school, what are your plans for the future?"

Kagome puts her fork down, wipes her mouth and thinks,"Well, I want to go on to college and study medicine."

Tony perked up, "Were you thinking of going to school here or going back to Japan? Because I have to tell you The United States has some of the best medical schools in the world."

"Honestly, Tony, this last week that I have spent with you, has made me happier than I have been in years. I don't think I want to go back to Japan if that's okay?"

Tony was ecstatic, the last thing he wanted was for Kagome to go back to Japan. "Yeah, Kagome, you can stay as long as you want."

Kagome gave him a brilliant smile and then they started talking about colleges.

Kagome was dead tired when they got home, Happy helped out of the car and she stumbled toward the house. Tony caught her before she tripped. She yawned and apologized to Tony, once they were inside, Kagome said goodnight to him and stumbled her way toward the stairs. She suddenly stopped and turned toward Tony, Kagome leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. Without saying another word she went upstairs got ready for bed and fell asleep.