Chapter 45 Taking Souta Out.

Kagome ran down to the Danger Room and punched in the code to open the door. The door slides open and she walks into the now empty room, she walks slowly towards Logan so not to startle him.

"Logan, are you alright?" Kagome asked.

Logan still had his back turned and was taking deep slow breaths, trying to calm down.

"Logan?"

Logan turned his head slightly at Kagome calling his name. He retracts his claws and stood there with his back to Kagome.

"I had to do it," Logan tells her. "I had to keep you safe."

"Logan, it was only a simulation, Sabertooth isn't here, I'm safe."

"You don't understand, I've had that simulation programmed to lethal and I have never been able to beat it. It always comes out a draw, but this time when Charles added that Victor was threatening you, I knew that I had to kill him. Victor's done this to me before, I'm not going to let him hurt you, ever. I can't lose you."

"Logan, you will never lose me, I promise."

Logan turned around and looked at Kagome, "Are you sure about that?"

"Yes, of course."

"What about when you go to college? You're going to be around a lot of men, men your own age. Men studying the same things you are. Men your Old Man might actually approve of."

"Logan, it doesn't matter who I meet, my heart belongs to you and only you. Besides, there isn't a man alive that my dad would approve of, so what's the difference if I'm with you or someone else?" Kagome said with a giggle.

Logan chuckled, "Well if that's the case, you're better off being with me than anyone else."

"Exactly, now how about we get out of here and take Souta to the movies and out to eat."

"Yeah, why not, let's go get the squirt and head out."

Logan walks up to Kagome and wraps his arms around her, "I love you, Princess."

"I love you too, Old Man."

Logan quirks an eyebrow at her, "Old huh? I'll show you old."

He leans down and gives Kagome a passionate kiss causing her to swoon.

"You okay, there?" He asked giving her a smirk.

Kagome's eyes flutter open, "What, what were we talking about?"

Logan laughs, "Nothing, Princess, nothing at all. Let's go find Souta."

Logan puts his arm around Kagome's shoulder and she wraps her arm around his waist. They leave the Danger Room and head back upstairs to the main floor, they find Souta playing video games with some of the kids from last night.

"Come on, Souta, we're going out to eat," Kagome tells her little brother.

Souta looks up at Kagome and Logan, "You okay, Logan?"

"Yeah, Kid, never better. How about some pizza?"

Souta cheers and hands the controller to another kid who was going to play the winner. He gets up and rushes to Kagome and Logan.

"Where are we going?"

"I know this great pizza place in the City, then we'll show you Time Square after that you guys can go home."

"How will you get home?"

"We'll go separately, you guys follow me in Kagome's car and I'll ride my bike."