Chapter 19 Equipment and Hope

Once Tony and Kagome left the Professor's office, Tony threw his arm around his daughter's shoulders.

"So how was your first weekend here, any boys hitting on you?"

Kagome playfully, slapped his chest, "Of course not, Daddy, and if they were I didn't even notice. Besides, I'm not interested in any of the boys here, they're not my type."

"You know your mom said the same thing at your birthday party, what is your type?" Tony asked a little worried, as he looked around at the boys in the school.

Kagome giggled, "Don't worry about it Dad, just be happy that none of the boys are my type."

She failed to mention that there was a man in the house that was her exact type. And what she didn't know was that, that particular man had heard her entire conversation with her father. He too wondered what her type was.

The crew had brought in several cases and had left them in the foyer for Tony. He stood next to the cases and clapped his hands getting the attention of the kids that were nearby and told them to spread the word that he was going to be handing out Stark pads. Kids from every part of the mansion started flocking to the foyer, with the help of Professor Xavier the word was spread quickly to all the students.

Between Kagome and Tony, they made quick work of handing out the Stark pads. The tablets were completely different from other tablets, they most noticeable difference was that their holographic capability and that they were connected to each classroom.

Kagome's tablet was, of course, special. It was directly connected to JARVIS and Tony, so she could have constant communication with Tony. So whenever she needed his help, he was available or JARVIS would be. JARVIS was also connected to the classrooms, but that was only temporary until the teacher learned how to use the tech.

It took two day for everything to be installed, in that time classes were cancelled and Tony spent as much time with Kagome as possible. Because of that fact she was only able to get glimpses of Logan. She couldn't help herself, she would casually look around for him and anytime she made eye contact with him, he would have a smirk on his face. Logan knew perfectly well that Kagome was looking for him, because he always had an eye on her. But he made sure to stay out of Tony's line of sight.

As soon as everything was up and running, Tony took his leave. He had a busines trip he had to take, though he didn't tell Kagome he going to Japan. Tony was very excited to go to there, he had already called Nodoka and told her he was going to Japan and if they could get together for coffee or something. She had agreed, but told him not to tell the kids. She didn't want the kids to get the wrong idea, they were just two friends having coffee, Tony agreed.

Tony was so excited at the prospect of seeing Nodoka that instead of taking the jet, he left in his Iron Man suit, it was faster than the jet. He landed at his penthouse in Tokyo, got out of his suit and went straight to bed. The next day he called Nodoka and informed her that she had arrived.

"When do you want to get together?"

"After Souta goes to school, about 9:00."

As soon as it was 9:00, Tony was at Nodoka's door

"Well, that was fast," Nodoka said with a smile.

"I was waiting in a taxi until Souta left for school." Tony informed her.

"Nodoka covered her mouth and giggled, "Oh, Tony, were you that anxious to see me?"

Tony took her hand and kissed it, "Yes I was, shall we go?"

Nodoka grabbed her purse and they left.

They sat in a little café, tony with a big grin on his face as he gazed at the mother of his child. She hadn't changed in all these years. Her hair was a little shorter, but that was that was pretty much it. She looked exactly the same as the day she ran out of his life.

Nodoka sipped her tea and smiled at Tony, "What are you staring at, what's going through that head of yours, Tony?"

"I was just thinking that after all these years you haven't changed one bit. You're still just as beautiful as I remember.

Nodoka blushed, "Oh, Tony, of course I've changed. I've gotten older, with a few more wrinkles."

"Nope you look exactly the same." Tony said with a wide smile.

Nodoka's blush became even deeper. She cleared her throat and changed the subject, "Tell me, Tony, how is Kagome doing, how does she like school?"

"Oh, things were going great, until she had a little incident."

"What happened?" Nodoka asked in a worried tone.

Tony proceeded to tell Nodoka what happened at school and the theory that he and JARVIS had come up with.

"So, you're saying that you think our little girl is a mutant?" Nodoka asked.

"Yes, but to find out for sure, we went to New York to speak to Professeor Charles Xavier. The foremost leader in mutant studies and is a mutant himself."

"And what did you find out?"

"That, yes, Kagome is a mutant, a telepath to be precise. You don't have a problem with that, do you?"

"Oh, no, Tony, I don't have problem with that." Nodoka assured Tony by taking his hand.

"I also found out something interesting about Kagome's past, 500 years in the past."

Nodoka sighed, "she told you, did she?"

"Yes with a little coaxing from Professor Xavier."

"What exactly did she tell you?"

"She told me everything, about Inuyasha, and Naraku and that she's a Miko. She also told me that you were against her going back in time, but Kagome had a duty to perform and that nothing was going to stop her."

"Yes, I wonder where she got that from? Make no mistake, Tony, Kagome does not have a hero complex. She did what she had to do, just like you."

Tony nodded his head in understanding. He went on to explain about the school and that Professor Xavier also found that she was also telekinetic. He told her that the Professor was going to be her mentor and train her himself.

Tony and Nodoka left the café and wandered the streets of Tokyo for a few hours. They decided to have lunch together, finally Tony couldn't take it anymore.

He reached across the table and took Nodoka's hand, "Nodoka, I'm sure you're aware that my business isn't the only reason that I'm in Tokyo."

"I had a feeling there was another reason."

"Do you think there is any possible way, you and I can start over?" Tony asked, hope blooming in his eyes.

"I don't know, Tony, a lot of time has passed between us and we are not the same people we used to be."

"So let's get to know each other, I'm not asking that we jump into a relationship right away, I'm asking if you'll give us the chance to to become reacquainted with each other, become friends and go from there."

Nodoka thought about it for a moment, she looked into Tony's eyes and smiled, "I think we can do that."

Tony sat back in his chair with a grin from ear to ear.