Where the Miracle Has A Mishap

****Where the Miracle Has A Mishap****

*Author's P.O.V.*

“You want to go to my ex-girlfriend and your ex-fiancé’s wedding?” Jesse asked his almost nine month pregnant fiancé when she showed him the invitation to Derek and Maddy’s wedding.

“Yeah, why not?”

“Beca, they said awful things to you, blaming everything on you. And what if he believes our baby girl is his and decides he wants you and her instead of Maddy?”

“That’s not going to happen. Stop being so ridiculous.”

“It could happen and then what? You’ll run off to be with him, taking our children with you? No way. It’s not happening. We’re not going.” Beca laughed at his absurdity and pulled him closer to her. “You are my man and this our family.” She placed his hands on her stomach when she felt the baby kick.

“She loves her daddy. That’s you. I love my fiancé. That’s also you. You have nothing to worry about. We’re not leaving, you’re stuck with us for life.” She softly kissed his lips.

“You’re right. I’m just acting crazy. We’ll go, but you are sticking close to me.”

“There’s nowhere I’d rather be than in your arms.” With those words, his arms snake around her waist and pull her against him. “Good, because I’m not letting go. Not this time.”

~The Wedding~

“Beca! Jesse! AJ!” Maddy erupted when she saw her groom’s ex-fiancé. Beca smiled as the ex of her fiancé ran toward them and, with Beca’s huge belly, struggled to pull them into a group hug. “It’s so nice to see you!!”

“Oh, don’t squeeze too tight. I’m very uncomfortable today.” Beca said as she gently nudged Maddy off of her. “Sorry. How far are you?”

“A week until my due date.” She answered just as pain roared through her. Her eyes and jaw clenched tight and she squeezed Jesse’s hand hard. “Bec?” Jesse questioned, immediately concerned.

“It’s okay, but that rather long quickie probably wasn’t the best idea.” She assured him and his face flushed a deep crimson. “Did you have to mention that in front of Maddy and our son? They don’t need to know about our sex life.”

“Whoops, sorry. Forgot you were there.”

“It’s not a problem. So, I have to go, it’s almost time. Why don’t you guys go find your seats? And if she decides she’s wants to be an early bird, don’t be afraid to shout.” Beca nodded and gave the bride on last hug before finding their seats.

****

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today….” The priest began to perform the marriage ceremony and Beca didn’t think she was going to make it. The pain was almost unbearable. She tried to hide it but Jesse knew something was off.

“Beca, are you okay?” he whispered. “No.” she squeaked. “The contractions are coming, Jesse.” Her voice was almost inaudible but the pain in it was deafening. “Do you need to go?”

“No. I wanna stay.”

“Are you sure you can make it?”

“No, but I’m going to try.” Jesse nodded, knowing it’s no use trying to change her mind. Another contraction came and her nails dug into Jesse’s hand as she buried her face in his neck, trying to stifle the screams. Jesse gently rubbed her hand, obviously pained by her pain.