Where They're Five Months Along

****Where They're Five Months Along****

"You is kind, you is smart, you is important." Beca woke up to the muffled sounds of The Help echoing from the living room of the penthouse that she and Jesse share. Rubbing her eyes, she rolled over and, sure enough, her fiancé wasn't lying beside her. She smiled at his nerdiness before cuddling up on his side of the bed and trying to go back to sleep.

It was no use.

With this child taking residence in her uterus, she's found that it's physically impossible for her to get comfortable unless she's snuggled into the warmth of one Jesse Swanson. Groaning, she untangled the covers from her body and shifted herself out of bed. She walked out of the room, yawning hugely, then bumped into Jesse in the kitchen.

"Hey, you're up." She grabbed the coffee from his hand and gulped it. "I'm tired." She complained, handing his cup back and wrapped herself in his arms. He held her tight, "Then go back to bed."

"I can't sleep without you."

"Then I'll go with you."

"No, I don't wanna make you miss your movie." He easily lifted her up and her legs naturally wrapped around his waist. "Then come with me." She merely nodded into his neck and let him carry her into the living room. He laid across the couch and let her snuggle into him as he wrapped a blanket around the both of them.

"That woman looks like Aubrey." Beca whispered into Jesse's ear. He chuckled slightly, "Yeah, she acts like her, too." He felt her lips curve into a smile against his neck and her face buried farther into his neck. "I love you, Jesse. I'm grateful we found each other and I'm unbelievably happy that you didn't hate me after everything. I can't wait to call you my husband and I love our beautiful little family."

"I feel the same, baby. I love you and AJ and our little unborn so much." He whispered back, tightening his grip around her. She began to lightly snore and he chuckled before shifting on the couch a little so he can see the movie better.

****

RRRIIINNNGGG!! RRRIIINNNGGG!!!

Beca was suddenly jerked awake by the loud sound of Jesse's phone ringing and vibrating against the hard wood of the table. She slowly sat up, rubbing the tired from her eyes, and grabbed his phone. The caller I.D. showed the hospital and she took a moment to yawn before answering it. "Hello."

"Good afternoon. May I speak to Mr. Swanson, please?" Beca glanced at her sleeping fiance. "Uh, he can't come to the phone right now, but this is his fiance. Maybe I can be of some help?"

"You're Beca Mitchell? The pregnant fiance?"

"Yeah, that's me."

"We've been trying to reach you, Mrs. Mitchell. We were wondering if you were still coming in for your ultrasound appointment to find out the sex of the baby." Beca immediately pulled the phone from her face and checked the time. Sure enough, they were almost thirty minutes late for their appointment. "Sh*t. I am so sorry, we lost track of time. Um, we would like to still come in for that if it's not too late."

"Of course. Just be here in the next twenty minutes. I'll be sure to inform the doctor."

"Thank you. Have a nice day." She ended the call and set the phone back down on the table. She crawled up Jesse's sleeping body and placed small kisses along his neck and jawline, slowly waking him. "Hey." He said in a tired voice. Without a word, she connected her lips to his, kissing him softly but passionately. "I'm happy to see you, too." He said when she pulled away. She giggled a little. "We have to go to the hospital."