Where She Copes with 'It '

****Where She Copes with 'It'****

*Chloe's P.O.V.*

"Beca come on, you've gotta eat." I  said as I tried to feed Beca her burger and fries. It's been five days since her mom died and she hasn't left her room or eaten anything. The last time I got a real conversation out of her was the day I arrived in L.A.

"Go. Away." Beca mumbled into her pillow. "It's been  five days, Bec. You gotta eat something." Angered by my constant attempts, Beca rolled over and took a furious bite of hamburger. "Happy?" She asked as she tossed it back onto the plate.

"I will be when you eat the whole burger." I answered. "I'm not hungry."

"You haven't been hungry all week." I said as Beca flopped back into bed, burrying her face in her pillow. "Leave me alone." She groaned.

"Beca-" I was cut off by a muffled groan. "Bec-" I tried again but got the same reaction. "Fine, I give up. If you wanna stay in here and starve to death be my guest. It just means you'll leave AJ and Jesse will get custody." I thought that would've gotten something out of her but she didn't budge. I sighed in frustration before setting the plate on her nightstand and walking out of her room.

"She still won't eat?" Derek asked as I approached him. He was leaning against the doorframe staring in at Beca. He's worried about her. "No, she won't."

"I've never seen her like this before."

"I have." I answered as I looked in at Beca as well. "What did you do that helped?"

"Not what. Who." Derek, confused by my words, looked at me with a questioning look. "You'd better get cleaned up. You're about to meet AJ's father."

****

I'm playing with AJ when I hear a knock at the door. "Derek, can you get that?!" I yelled toward the kitchen where Derek was preparing dinner. "Yup." He said as he exited the kitchen, tossing the dish towel on the counter.

"Chloe, our savior is here." Derek said as he reappeared in the room. I looked up from AJ to see my old college buddy. "Jesse! You made it!" I jumped up and wrapped him in my arms. "Of course I did. You can't tell me Regina died and not expect me to come. So how is she?"

"Awful. She won't eat, she won't speak, she won't leave her room. I've tried everything and nothing's worked. Being in love for four years and being the only man that has ever possessed the ability to incinerate her heart, I was hoping you'd know some way to help."

"Yeah of course. But Chloe?"

"Yeah?"

"You're gonna have to let me go." He said and I immediately realized that he's still wrapped in my arms. "Right, sorry." I said then removed my arms from around his neck. "Uh, her room is right there." I said then pointed to her door.

"Thanks." He said then began walking toward her room. "Be careful, Jesse. She's not in the best place." He turned around and gave me confident smirk. "Trust me, I can handle her."

With whatever that meant, he disappeared into her room. God, I hope this works.

*Beca's P.O.V.*

Why can't Chloe just leave me alone?! I know she's trying to help but I need to deal with this my way. Moping around and sulking probably isn't the best way but it's my way. Great, here she comes yet again. I grabbed my pillow and chucked it across the room.

"God da*mit, Chloe! I said-" I immediately cut my sentence off when I saw someone other than my best friend holding the pillow I just threw.

"I'm not Chloe but I'll listen to what you have to say."