𝟎𝟎𝟐. 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 ✓

STARDUST ! ·˚
❛ chapter two ❜

⊹₊ ⋆ "HOW ARE YOU?" EDWARD QUESTIONED INhis mind for anyone with mind-reading abilities to hear, or in this case Melanie

"HOW ARE YOU?" EDWARD QUESTIONED IN
his mind for anyone with mind-reading abilities to hear, or in this case Melanie. "I could be better, but I'm not going to kill anyone if that's what you're wondering, how are you doing? You know with the whole, Bella thing," Melanie replies as she takes her seat behind him in biology.

"I couldn't read her mind, Mel," Edward says confusion laced in his tone. "Can you try? When you next see her?" He questions.

"You have great timing, Edweirdo" Melanie replies with confidence, the confidence soon vanished as Bella stood in front of the classroom fam, sending her scent right towards the two vampires.

Edward's hand flew over his hand and mouth trying to block out the smell, Melanie on the other hand sat her arms on the table and rested her head on it, passing it off as a headache, because, unlike Edward, she was trying to be discreet.

Her dead heart would have been beating out of her chest right now if it was able to, there was something about Bella's blood that was so inviting, it was practically screaming to be drunk.

"Alice," Melanie spoke in her head trying to find where Alice was so they could speak through their minds, perk of Melanie's mind manipulation power, the other person didn't need to telepathy for them to talk.

"Melanie? What's wrong?" Alice thought back calmly but it was obvious there was worry in her voice that she was trying not to show.

"I think- I can't do this," Melanie replied as she continued to hold her breath, thankfully she didn't need to breathe so she wasn't getting out of breath anytime soon.

"Focus on my voice, Mel. You can do this okay. Focus," Alice continues to soothe but it wasn't working this time and Alice and Edward both knew. "Ask to go to the bathroom, I'll meet you in the car park. We can go home early." Alice's voice spoke up after a few seconds of silence.

"Mr Molina, may I go to the restroom?" Melanie questioned as polite as she could through gritted teeth.

"I'm afraid you'll have to wait until the end of the class, Miss. Denali," The teacher replied as he continued to write down on his board.

"Well, tough luck," Melanie mumbled as she stood up rather fast, grabbing her bag and speed walking out of the classroom to find Alice.

"Hey! Hey, you're okay, you're okay." Alice says as Melanie pulls the smaller girl in for a hug, Melanie inhales Alice's scent finally feeling calmer than she originally did.

"I've let Carlisle know, let's go, we can hunt before we go home. Jasper says we can take his and Caroline's car." Alice smiles softly.

Melanie nodded her head, walking towards the car, opening the door for Alice before walking around and getting in herself, the small but kind gesture made Alice beam to herself. Even when she was struggling, Mel would always be a sweetheart to her.

Alice and Melanie parked the car outside of their house before speeding off into the woods to find a mountain lion or whatever they could find to eat.

They soon found themselves back at the house, a few minutes before the rest would be getting back from school.

As they both sat on the couch in the living room, Alice's head lay on Melanie's lap as she played with her hair, their moment was soon cut short when Edward came barging into the room.

"This is a joke! You shouldn't have to leave because of some human!" Rosalie's angry voice echoed through the house, the thought of someone leaving caused Alice and Melanie to jump up.

"Who's leaving?" Esme asked and she and Carlisle walked into the living room.

"Edward" Caroline answered.

"My blood-singer is here. I almost lost control today, I just want to spend some time at the Denali's, get my hunger under control again. I won't be gone long." Edward explained.

"If that's what you want," Carlisle agreed knowing there was no point in arguing when Edward only wanted what was best.

Rosalie walked out of the living room with a huff, Emmett following close behind, Jasper and Caroline left too, leaving Alice and Mel in the living room alone once again.

"How would you feel about me leaving with Edward?" asked Melanie, causing Alice to look at her with an innocent smile. "You knew Edward would leave and I would leave with him, didn't you?" Melanie sighs, a smile trying to break through.

"Yes," Alice giggled. "And I'm fine with it, if it means you will be okay then I'm fine with anything."

"I just wish you could come," Melanie sighs bringing her wife into a hug.

"Me too," she replied. "I'll go let Carlisle and Esme know, you go let Edward know," Alice says, giving Melanie a quick kiss on the lips before skipping off to the kitchen.

Melanie stayed where she was sat for a while, slowly running her fingers through her hair before finally getting up and speeding to Edwards rooms

"Yes you can come, I don't mind," Edward spoke up before Melanie had the chance to open her mouth.

"Dude, stay out my thoughts," Melanie says trying to stay serious.

"You know I can't help it." He replied, playfully rolling his eyes. "But seriously, I want to get out of here as soon as possible so go get your things."

"Aye aye, captain," Melanie replies sarcastically before walking off to her and Alice's room, to her surprise Alice was already there packing her bags.

"It's as if you want me to leave." Melanie joked as she leaned against the door frame.

"Not at all, I just know that if I let you pack you would probably take the same three hoodies you always wear and your joggers." Alice chuckled.

"And? I won't be leaving the house." Melanie laughed as she jumped on the bed.

"Still, you always have to be prepared. Go and get your toiletries, I'll finish putting away some clothes."

"This full family is bossy," Melanie mumbled as she walked into the bathroom.

"I heard that!" Alice and Edward shouted in unison.

"Use were supposed to," Melanie replied in her normal tone.

"I'm going to miss you," Emmett said ruffling up Melanie's hair.

"I'll miss you too, teddy," Melanie replied. It was a strange nickname for anyone who didn't know the meaning behind it.

Melanie thought Emmett was this big teddy bear, yeah he looked big and tough but really he wasn't. And he was killed by a bear which is a bit ironic really.

Before making her way outside to say goodbye to Alice, seen as she was already outside talking to Edward, Melanie made her way over to Jasper pulling him in for a hug.

Jasper and Melanie were probably the closest out of all the Cullens, well friendship wise, It was probably because they both had a similar past, and both struggled with the same thing daily.

"You'll be okay, Jas. Caroline and Alice will look after you, and if they don't I'll kick their asses." Melanie smiled softly at the boy.

"She'll try." Caroline joked as she made her way over to Jasper, linking her arm with his.

"Oh, you know I could if I wanted to." Melanie laughed back before giving Caroline a quick kiss on the cheek before walking out to see her wife.

"I'll call you when we land okay?" Melanie said as she hugged Alice tightly, not wanting to let her go.

"Oh, you better," Alice replied.

"I love you, Pixie." Melanie smiles down slightly at her wife.

"I love you too."