XXVI.

O NEGATIVE

O NEGATIVE

Melanie was stood with Edward on the balcony when they heard the thoughts of two werewolves coming their way, Jacob and Seth to be exact.

"Get ready," Jacob spoke from a distance, but the vampires could hear him loud and clear. "They're coming for Bella."

"They're not gonna touch her." Edward started.

"Agreed," Jacob replied.

"If it's a fight they want, it's a fight they shall get." With that, the two vampires went inside the house to inform the rest of their family.

Not even ten minutes later the family were all sat in the living room once again, as Jacob explained Sam's plan. "Sam's lost the element of surprise, and he doesn't want to take you on outnumbered, especially with Melanie here. So he's not gonna come at you head-on. He's got the place surrounded and he'll wait for his opportunity."

"We won't get through without a fight," Emmett spoke.

"No fights," Carlisle said. "We won't be the ones to break the treaty."

"The treaty is void." Jacob chimed in. "At leash in Sam's mind."

"Not in ours," Esme responded

"Carlisle, no one besides Melanie has fed in weeks." Emmett stepped forward.

"We'll make do."

Carlisle sighed, knowing Emmett was right. Melanie is the only one who's been able to feed properly because of the part of her that still drank human blood, but even at that she still wouldn't be at her strongest. "You've done is a great service, Jacob. Thank you."

———

A few days had passed, and Bella wasn't looking any better, they had found out the baby was starving the human from the inside out, not giving her long left to live.

Bella was now lay on the long couch, and IV drip connected to her to help her as much as it could.

The pregnant girl started to whimper, holding her belly and crouching off the couch, Edward was quick the grab the metal bucket that Bella had been sick in so many times already.

"We need to find a way to get some food into her system," Esme explained.

"If I could only see the fetus..." Alice began.

"The baby." Rosalie corrected her.

— "Maybe I could figure out what it wants."

Melanie looked to Jacob who zoned out for a moment and then to Edward who was doing the same thing as her, listening to his thoughts. "I think you might be right." Edward nodded.

"Jacob just had an idea," Melanie explained to her family who was looking at Edward in confusion.

"It wasn't an idea. It was a snide comment." Jacob scoffed.

"What were you thinking?" Carlisle asked.

"That it's probably just looking for someone to sink its teeth into."

"He's thirsty." Bella's spoke with a slight smile.

"I know the feeling." Melanie laughed quietly at Emmett's sly comment.

"If it's craving, it's not gonna want animal blood." Edward pointed out.

"She can have some of mine," Melanie said quickly, at the mention of human blood Jasper's eyes darkened even more, which in return Caroline and he walked out of the room together.

Melanie nodded at Alice, saying it was okay if she left because she knew she was also starving, Alice let go of Melanie's hand, leaving the room with Emmett who knew he needed to leave.

Carlisle walked out of the kitchen, pouring one of Melanie's O negatives into a clear glass which made Melanie gulp.

"You're gonna make her drink that?" Jacob asked disgustedly.

"It's the fastest way to test the theory," Carlisle replied.

"Only if you're comfortable with it," Edward said to Bella.

Bella nodded. "I'll try anything."

"Just hold on," Edward instructed before walking away, quickly returning with a foam cup and a straw. "This might make it a little easier to take."

Bella struggled to sit up, but eventually got the hang of it, she took the cup out of her husband's hands, lifting the straw up to her mouth, Melanie watched the dark red liquid travel up the straw and into Bella's mouth, and then watched Bella swallow it.

"Tastes... good," Bella said, which made everyone let out a sigh of relief, except Jacob who looked like he was going to be sick.

"Your pulse is already getting stronger," Carlisle stated with a smile.

The rest of the night Edward and Carlisle continued giving Bella more blood, she was slowly but surely getting a little better.

WORDS: 782
STATUS: UNEDITED
NOTE: I'M SORRY for the short chapter, I honestly had no clue what else to add to this, tbh I just can't wait to write breaking dawn part two, part one has always been my least favourite movie, so writing about it isn't that fun

WORDS: 782STATUS: UNEDITEDNOTE: I'M SORRY for the short chapter, I honestly had no clue what else to add to this, tbh I just can't wait to write breaking dawn part two, part one has always been my least favourite movie, so writing about it isn't t...