XXV.

IMPOSSIBLE

IMPOSSIBLE

Alice and Melanie were spending their time together in Alice's hometown in Mississippi when Carlisle called them, saying the family needed them home urgently.

As much fun as they were having on their getaway, their family always came first, which brought them to now, sitting in the living room of the Cullen house, listening to Jacob's angry footprints stomping up to the entryway.

Carlisle walked to the front door, opening it for Jacob who pushed his way in. "Is it true?"

"Hello, Jacob, how are you?"

"Listen," Jacob spoke, pacing back and forth. "Just give it to me straight."

Melanie rolled her eyes when she heard Bella call out to him, already knowing it was going to end in fights and arguments.

Jacob stormed up the stairs, Carlisle following shortly behind, once he got into the room he could see Melanie standing behind Alice with her hand on her wife's shoulder, Edward standing next to the window, concern written all over his face, and Rosalie standing protectively in front of Bella, who he could see properly because of the blonde.

"I'm glad you came," Bella spoke weakly. Jacob took a step forward which caused Rosalie to walk forward slightly. "Close enough."

"What's your problem." Jacob seethed out.

"Rose, it's okay." Bella sighed.

Once Rosalie moved out the way slightly, Jacob moved to sit on the seat next to Bella, the first thing he noticed was she looked a lot paler than usual if it was even possible, but the second more noticeable thing he noticed was how much skinnier she looked.

Her wedding ring was a lot looser on her ring finger, her cheeks were more hallow, and her eye-cheek junctions were a lot more purple and sunken looking.

He sighed before speaking. "You look terrible." He joked in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, it's nice to see you, too." Bella rolled her eyes.

"So, are you gonna tell me what's wrong with you?"

Bella was quiet for a moment, before turning to Melanie and Rosalie who were now standing beside each other. "Can you help me up?"

Rose was quick to her aid, while Melanie walked over just in case she fell or needed help, Bella pulled off the blanket that was covering her, showing the large baby bump on her belly.

Jacob's eyes darkened looking down at her belly, before he looked at Edward in anger, he took a strut forward. "You did this."

Melanie was quick to get in-font of the wolf, grabbing his shoulder roughly to stop him from getting any closer, she knew how stressful this was for her friend, and she knew he didn't need Jacob waltzing in thinking he knew everything.

"We didn't even know it was possible," Edward whispered.

"What is it?" Jacob said, turning around to Carlisle.

"I'm not sure," Carlisle replied, which made Melanie roll her eyes annoyed at his answer, it was obvious what it was, her family just didn't want to believe it. "Ultrasounds and needles won't penetrate the embryonic sac."

"I can't see it, either," Alice said quickly, walking over to Melanie who was still glaring at the shifter. "And I can't see Bella's future anymore."

"We've been researching legends, but there isn't much to go on. What we do know is that it's strong. And fast-growing." Carlisle explained.

"Why haven't you done anything? Take it out of her!"

"This is none of your business, dog." Rosalie seethed out.

"Rose!" Esme yelled.

"No, let her talk. It is none of his business, he can't just come in here thinking he knows everything, once again making it all about him. Don't you get it, you're making everything worse just by being here." Melanie

"All this fighting isn't good for Bella." Esme continued, trying to calm her daughter in law down.

"The fetid isn't good for Bella." Alice sneered making Melanie look at her in disbelief.

"Say the word, Alice. 'Baby' it's just a little baby." Melanie snapped.

"Possibly," Jasper spoke, as he and Caroline entered the room.

"Carlisle, you've gotta do something." Jacob pleaded.

"No," Bella said firmly.

"It's not his decision. It's not any of yours." The human continued.

"Thank you!" Melanie sighed dramatically. "This is what I've been trying to say since Alice and I got back."

Edward looked down at the floor before looking up at the wolf. "Jacob, I need to talk to you." And with that, he left the room.

Melanie looked at Alice, shaking her head before walking out of the room, the smaller girl quickly behind her.

"Mel, Mel, wait!"

"Look I'm sorry, for snapping at you. But you know how I feel about children. That was the one rule I followed when I used to kill, if it's a child, a family with a child, or even anything revolving a child, will not be harmed." Melanie explained.

Alice nodded guilty, she knew this about Melanie, she's always liked children, she never wanted one though, thinking she would have been a terrible mother, that and she just never wanted to deal with the stress of a baby, but she always loved them, and she will always protect them, ever since she lost her little sister all those years ago.

"I know, and I'm sorry, it's just- what if it isn't a baby, what if you and Rose are wrong, and it's something else completely."

"Then we'll cross that bridge when it comes to it, I don't care what the consequences are." Melanie sighed, pulling her mate closer to her.

WORDS: 935
STATUS: UNEDITED

WORDS: 935STATUS: UNEDITED