XXXIII.

WITNESSES

WITNESSES

Edward, Bella, Jacob, Renesmee and Melanie had all returned home, and if Melanie was being honest, she was having major withdrawals from Alice.

But having her sisters with her was making it slightly easier, and with Nik, who was also at the Denali's with Tanya but wasn't home when they had first arrived, and Lupin who had travelled from New Orleans to be with her too, it was definitely making things easier, especially because they wouldn't stop trying to distract her.

The Cullen house was currently packed with vampires, Garrett, Melanie's old friend from New England, Carlisle's Irish friends, along with the Egyptian coven, along with Jaspers old friends Peter and Charlotte, with who Melanie, Lupin and Nik were currently standing with.

As more Vampire set foot in Fork's, more Quileutes turned, their nature compelling them to join the pack, even some younger than Seth.

Finally, Carlisle and Esme returned with their last witness, Alistair, a nomad from England, who mostly just stayed in the Attic sulking about even being there.

Eighteen vampires were now in the Cullen home, all with unique gifts of their own.

Zafrina had power over the mind and was able to make anyone see what they wanted them to, which was what she was doing right now.

Melanie, Renesmee, Edward and Bella were stood outside, as Zafrina used her powers to make everyone think they were in a jungle.

Melanie looked around in awe, listening to the birds' chirp and monkeys climbing in the trees, it looked so real that Melanie thought it was for a second.

"If you weren't holding my hand right now, I could swear this was real," Edward said to Bella.

"I don't see anything," Bella replied confused.

"Edward, you didn't tell me your wife was a shield," Eleazar spoke as he made his way over and Zafrina let the illusion go away.

Realisation crossed Edwards face as he looked down at his wife. "What's a shield?" Bella asked.

"I think it's pretty self-explanatory." Melanie joked, walking over to Eleazer and standing beside him.

"The ones I've met are so different," Edward replied to Bella, completely ignoring Melanie.

"It's a defensive talent," Eleazer explained.

"It's why I couldn't read your mind, even before. It's why Aro couldn't." Edward added.

"How were you able to them?" Bella asked Melanie, looking over at her.

"I'm just that cool," Melanie smirked.

Eleazer rolled his eyes at Melanie's behaviour. "You've never changed." He joked before turning to Bella once again. "You have a very powerful gift."