𝟎𝟏𝟒. 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 ✓

⁺◟ STARDUST ! ⋆·˚ ❪ ✦♥ ❫
❛ chapter fourteen ❜

⊹₊ ⋆ MELANIE HAD NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY IN HER life, okay maybe she had been, but regardless

MELANIE HAD NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY IN HER life, okay maybe she had been, but regardless. She was finally going back to her comfort place. She had been to many places that made her happy, that she had made memories in, Alaska, Forks, her birth home in Spain, but only one place truly felt like home.

New Orleans.

Two hundred years ago she had been passing through New Orleans when she met a friend, a friend that was like her, a vampire. Only, he had a very unique gift. He showed her the ways of New Orleans, the place that had been his home for centuries, the tourists in the quarter knew about the supernatural, they practically thrived off it.

Unfortunately, they wouldn't be staying in New Orleans long, only for a week before they travelled to Alaska and Edward went off on his own.

Since the short stay, they decided just to book a hotel, it was a cute little hotel on Bourbon Street, while everyone was unpacking Melanie decided to go for a walk, or in other words on the hunt for her old friends, if they were still here.

It was late that night, although the best part of New Orleans was the never-ending party, it was around three in the morning and all the humans and vampires were out on the street, listening to jazz and having the time of their lives.

She came across a bar that she used to go too, of course, she could never drink alcohol or eat anything, well, anything other than the humans that were literally offering themselves up at the opportunity for someone to sink their teeth into them.

The girl smiled at the nostalgia that hit like a tone of bricks, she didn't mean for it to happen like most times, but she ended up listening to someone's thoughts, although this time, it was someone she remembered.

Melanie snuck up behind the man, hoping to be as quiet as possible so the vampire didn't hear before she jumped up from behind him, jumping on his back.

She expected the vampire to push her off his back, probably try to kill her, but that's when it clicked that he knew she was there form the moment she walked in the door.

"Really, why can't I ever scare you." Melanie huffed as she sat next to the curly-headed blonde.

"I'm not easily scared, love. You should know that by now, after all, we did spend fifty years together." He replied with his signature smirk, he pushed a glass of whiskey towards her with a teasing smile before pulling it back towards him. "Ahh, that's right, you can't drink."

Melanie chuckled as she rolled her eyes dramatically. "Well not all of us can be part wolf," she rolled her eyes in envy. "Although I must say, I'm surprised you're still in New Orleans after all this time."

"Well someone must run the city, keep the shapeshifters and vampires at bay otherwise they might just try and kill each other."

Melanie raised her eyebrow in surprise, last time she was in the French Quarters she had to drive all the way to the bayou anytime she wanted to see the wolves. "And how did you manage to get that one to work, Nik?"

"It makes sense really, Mel. I'm part vampire, part wolf, meaning I can go to both territories, I must admit though, it took forty years for them to even be in the same room together." Nik replied, sipping his alcohol. "Are you here alone?"

The Denali smiled a genuinely happy grin, the last time she had seen Nik she was a lot different, she was alone. She hadn't found her mate yet and didn't think she was ever going too. Her eyes were a ruby red since she only ever drank human blood, not knowing of the vegetation diet at the time.

"I found my mate, I am here with her and her family, and I also found my sister again after a while or us splitting our ways to travel, she's in Alaska with our coven, we're visiting there after we leave here."

"I'm happy for you Mel, you're finally finding the happiness that you deserve," Nik spoke as he took her hand into his own. "I have the perfect idea to celebrate."

Niklaus and Melanie soon arrived at The Abattoir, or more known as the compound, its a very large house in the French Quarter and was once where Melanie stayed along with Niklaus once.

Both immortals walked inside, the smell of werewolves hit Melanie's nostrils the moment she took a breathe in, almost as soon as Melanie's foot touched the ground passed the door, a group of almost forty vampires and werewolves all came rushing.

"Melanie? Is that you?" The familiar voice of her old wolf friend spoke from behind her, the vampire spun around at an inhuman speed, flinging herself into his arms.

"Lupin! God, I haven't seen you in forever, how is the pack? Is everyone still here?" The Denali girl was a mumbling mess, she hasn't been this excited since the day Alice said yes to her proposal.

The duo had gotten married on a discreet island, just the Denali's and the Cullen's since it wasn't legal at the time, it was a beautiful ceremony on the beach, candles lit the beach, wooden chairs were sat as on each side of the aisle for their family's to sit on, 

The parties until the sun came up the next morning and then Alice and Melanie both left for their honeymoon.

"More or less, a few who didn't like the idea of it scattered after the truce, some left to travel," he nodded. "But thankfully, the majority of us are still here. What are you⎯"

Niklaus grinned, walking over to the duo, a hand on each of there shoulders before speaking. "Melanie here has found her mate." Lupin's eyes widened, the girl he knew centuries ago was completely different, he had never thought she would find her mate, not because she couldn't, or she didn't have one, but he purely thought she didn't want one, she was so independent at the time.

"I still am independent you dick." Melanie laughed elbowing him in the stomach.

Melanie called Alice letting her know she would be spending the rest of the night with Nik, a few vampires and the wolves, catching up on everything she had missed being away, and catching them up on everything that's happened during her time in Alaska or Forks.

She was truly happy, although she didn't realise it would be dragged away from her so fast again.