XXXV.

CHRISTMAS

CHRISTMAS

"I'm surprised you took a break from Jedi training," Jacob spoke, Melanie was once again stuck in a car with him, Bella and Renesmee, as Bella had to drop Nesse of at her dad's first before they left.

"If I don't take Renesmee to my dad, he'll come to us," Bella replied.

Melanie chuckled. "Twenty-seven vampires, one human. That would turn out brilliant."

"I know that's what you both told Edward, I'm surprised he didn't question it more than Melanie was coming with us," Jacob responded, after no reply from either of them he shrugged. "Whatever. I'm just glad to get away from all those reeking bloodsuckers."

"Um, rude," Melanie said the same time that Bella glared at him.

Jacob only scoffed, rolling his eyes at the same time. "I'm sorry. I know. They're the good guys. But come on, Dracula One and Two are... creepy."

"Well, he's not wrong there." Melanie snickered causing the three of them to laugh.

As the car pulled up outside of Charlie's, Renesmee happily ran out of the car and into her grandfather's arms. "Wow! Look at you, you've grown half a foot, seriously... like six inches."

"Come on inside. Lunch is on the table." She said, Leah and Seth's mother, and also Charlie's new girlfriend.

"I've actually got a few errands to run, guys. I'll be back soon, okay?" Bella replied, getting back in the car.

"I hate lying to him." Bella sighed as the car started driving again.

"Think about it though, would you rather lie to him, or lose him? Because that's what will happen if you tell him about anything." Melanie explained. "I know it's not, ideal, but it's better of this way."

"Alice's note gave me a new sense of hope, you know. Maybe she has a plan for us all after all." Bella spoke in an attempt of making conversation.

"Alice always has a plan, trust me," Melanie confirmed.

A while later, the duo was now downtown, the rain pouring from the sky as the two hurried inside the restaurant hoping to not get soaked.

"We're meeting Mr Jenks," Melanie told the host as they got inside.

"Right this way." The male replied, guiding Bella and herself towards the table.

"Mrs Cullen," Jenks said to Bella, shaking her hand before turning to Melanie. "Melanie, it's nice to see you again. I'm so happy you called."