𝟎𝟏𝟖. 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐔𝐓𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐄 ✓

⁺◟ STARDUST ! ⋆·˚ ❪ ✦♥ ❫
❛ chapter eighteen ❜

⊹₊ ⋆ "THE SCENT DISAPPEARED ABOUT FIVE miles south of Bella's house," Jasper spoke as he along with Emmett and Melanie entered the Cullen home after tracking whoever was in Bella's home

"THE SCENT DISAPPEARED ABOUT FIVE miles south of Bella's house," Jasper spoke as he along with Emmett and Melanie entered the Cullen home after tracking whoever was in Bella's home.

"Someone's orchestrating this. It can't be a coincidence." Melanie said, making her way over beside Alice, wrapping her arm around her wife and pulling her closer.

"Victoria?" Bella asked.

"I would have seen her decide," Alice shakes her head.

"Has to be the Volturi," Edward pointed out.

"I don't think it's the Volturi, either. I've been watching Aro's decisions, too."

"It has to be someone we don't know, but this person obviously knows us," Melanie chimed in. "So we keep looking," Emmet spoke up.

"We'll also take shifts guarding Bella at her house," Carlisle stated.

Rosalie looks at her adoptive father in disbelief. "Another protection detail?"

"-Rosalie."

Bella shakes her head, looking up at the vampires. "No, she's rights. You can't protect me, watch my dad, and search for the intruder."

"And for Victoria," Rosalie adds on.

"And feed." Melanie continued, earning a look from Edward. "What? You know it's true," She replied with a roll of her eyes.

Edward takes a step forward towards Bella before talking. "I'm not leaving you here defenceless."

"Well, I'm not gonna let you starve," Bella spoke quickly to disagree. "And I wouldn't be unprotected. I... have-"

"What?"

Bella explained how the wolves would help, despite not even asking them first. The next morning Edward and Melanie went with Bella while Jacob scooped out Bella's house, she had gotten a phone call from Sam and one of the Elder's, asking if she could stop by for a chat. So she would be joining Jacob over to his territory.

"Whoever it was, he left a stink behind. It'll be hard to miss when we cross it again. We'll handle it from here." Jacob explained.

Edward, whose eyes were black from a mixture of things; anger, hunger, worried-ness, and jealousy spoke. "We don't need you to handle anything. Or anyone."