𝟎𝟏𝟑. 𝐃𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 ✓

⁺◟ STARDUST ! ⋆·˚ ❪ ✦♥ ❫
❛ chapter thirteen ❜

⊹₊ ⋆ MELANIE LAY WITH HER MATE, JASPER AND Caroline as they watched Teen Wolf on the TV in one of the many rooms

MELANIE LAY WITH HER MATE, JASPER AND Caroline as they watched Teen Wolf on the TV in one of the many rooms. "Imagine if shapeshifters were like that? I think I'd actually get along with them," Caroline spoke from her place on the couch.

Melanie looked at the girl in confusion, she never understood the hate between both creatures. She herself loved the wolves as they did her. She had only even met Sam Uley and the elders a few times from the Quileutes, but they got along fairly well, and whenever something vampire-related was going on in the reservation, they seemed to call Melanie instead of Carlisle. She was once friends with a pack in New Orleans,

Both the vampires and the shapeshifters never understood the bond she shared with them, it was almost as though they were connected in a way. She never had to try.

"Don't let Mel hear you say that," Alice said teasingly. "She'll bite your head off faster than the wolves could."

Melanie couldn't pay attention to her wife as Edward's thoughts went haywire, it was the first thing she noticed as he walked towards the house. She closed her eyes, concentrating on blocking them out. "We're leaving," he said once entering the room.

The four vampire's heads snapped towards him, looking at the vampire in shock. Melanie glanced at Alice who shook her head in reply, knowing what her wife was asking her without needing to say the words, Alice had not seen this coming.

"What do you mean we're leaving?" Melanie questioned, standing from the couch and slowly walking towards him.

"It's not safe for Bella with us here anymore," Edward replied. "She's been in enough danger already because of me," he continued, looking at his siblings and adoptive parents who had walked in after hearing his arrival.

Rosalie scoffed in disbelief. "You've got to be chocking. Mel and I already warned you this would happen," she sneered, glaring at her brother. Emmett placed a firm hand on his wife's shoulder, preventing her from lunging.

Edward looked down at the ground in guilt, Rosalie was right, both girls had tried to warn him, but his head was so wrapped up in his bloodsinger that he didn't listen. And now they were paying for his mistakes. Melanie wanted to attack him, literally rip him to pieces, but she didn't. Because she knew, despite his stupidity, her best friend was hurting.

"I'll be back," Melanie whispered to Alice, pecking her cheek before unwrapping their arms. The brunette stormed over to Edward who gulped in fear. "You. Come with me. Now!"

Edward trailed up the stairs slowly behind Melanie as she stomped like a child towards his bedroom.

"What is-." Edward started but was cut off as Melanie's hand punched his cold rock hard face. "That! Was for being so bloody stupid." She sneered before her eyes softened slightly and she pulled him in for a hug. "And this is because I know you're upset about this, and I don't like it when you're upset," she groaned at her sappiness.

Edward wrapped his arms around his best friend, pulling her closer, he needed this hug, he really did, he was pleased that he had a friend Melanie, sure she could be a bit of a handful at times but she was the best.

"I am not a handful!" Melanie playfully slapped his shoulder as she accidentally caught a glimpse of his thoughts. "In all seriousness, what are you going to do? You know Rosalie is livid? correct, and as she should be. We warned you what would happen, Ed."

"I know she's angry, and I know you are too, even if you aren't showing it, and I'm sorry, really. But I love her. I didn't want to pretend she didn't exist. But the truth is, I feel like I'm only ruining her life more by staying with her."

"She loves you too, Edward. Trust me, it's literally all she thinks about. She may even love you too much. You wouldn't be ruining her life, but you may just ruin your own. I know you can't do everything you want to with her for fear of hurting her. And maybe one day, you will have control over that, even if we don't stay away from Fork's forever, you will see her again. I know you will."

"I should tell her before we leave right?" Edward questioned clearly clueless, Melanie couldn't blame him really, he's not spoken to a girl since he transformed.

"Yes, Edward. You should tell her, go and speak with her tomorrow before we leave. Make sure you speak with the rest of the family too, explain it to them. Without shouting." Melanie watched as Edward gave a nod before leaving the room, lifting her hand and closing the door over with her telekinesis just for it to be opened again.

"I knew you would warm up to her soon." Alice grinned as she pulled Melanie into her embrace.

Melanie sighed, rolling her eyes playfully before speaking. "I did it for Edward, not Bella. He's my best friend and he deserves to be happy, God they're both driving me insane."

The rest of the night flew in, because the vampires didn't sleep, they were packed and ready to go by morning, although Melanie still wasn't sure where they would be going this time.

"Carlisle." The girl spoke up from her place on the couch, she watched Esme and Carlisle both finish packing a few essentials. "Where are we going?"

Carlisle and Esme looked at each other smiling knowing the answer would make the girl happy.