𝟎𝟏𝟕. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄 ✓

⁺◟ STARDUST ! ⋆·˚ ❪ ✦♥ ❫
❛ chapter seventeen ❜

⊹₊ ⋆ IT TOOK EDWARD A WHILE TO GET OVER HIS families so called betrayal but he eventually came to realisation and understood why we did what we did, mostly he understood why Melanie and Carlisle voted yes

IT TOOK EDWARD A WHILE TO GET OVER HIS families so called betrayal but he eventually came to realisation and understood why we did what we did, mostly he understood why Melanie and Carlisle voted yes.

Although Bella had been grounded she had still been coming over whenever she could, which was actually rarely considering she had to be home almost straight after school.

Speaking of school, Melanie was currently getting ready for their day back, much to Alice's dismay, Melanie decided just to wear skinny jeans, a leather jacket, a pair of converse and threw her hair up in a ponytail.

While everyone was out hunting before they left for school, Melanie was sat in the car waiting while drinking a blood bag, she watched in the mirror as the gold specks in her eyes turned Ruby,

She knew she wasn't supposed to drink human blood before school, but she had been so zoned in on a new book she had found and didn't even realise that her family had left, with a sigh, she looked through her bag for the contacts she had to wear.

Soon the rest of the Cullens, minus Esme, Carlisle and Edward who was already there with Bella, all made it to Forks High school.

Alice held Melanie's hand as she dragged her to the table where Bella, Edward and Bella's human friends were sat at, Melanie already knew why Alice was so eager to get to Bella, and if it was anything like last time then it would end well.

"I've decided to throw a party." Alice smiled.

"After all, how many times are we going to graduate high school?" Melanie spoke sarcastically, unknown to the humans of course.

"A party? At your place?" Angela questions in slight shock but with a smile nonetheless.

Jessica looks at the Cullen's in disbelief before speaking. "I've never seen your house."

"No ones ever seen their house," Eric stated.

Edward looks at the two girls in annoyance. "Another party, Alice?"

"It'll be fun."

"Yeah. That's what you said last time." Said Bella, earning a smirk from Melanie.

Suddenly Alice went stiff, staring into nothingness, Melanie placed her hand over Alice's under the table before going into her mind.

She saw Victoria, she was coming, and she was coming for Bella. Edward has obviously seen it too, as they both locked eyes, Edward's filled with worry.

"You know what you have to do." She spoke in his head, he looked at her again before nodding.

The weekend came sooner than expected, Edward and Bella were both in Florida, Edward had taken her away while the rest of his family hunted Victoria.

This is what they were doing right now, they were stood in the Forks forest, waiting for Alice's vision to tell us when Victoria was near.

"Are you sure this is where you saw her?" Carlisle questioned.

Melanie walked closer to Alice before the pixie girl spoke. "She's almost here."

Suspense filled the air as the Cullen's and the Denali waited patiently for the red-head to show. "On your left!" Alice yelled the vampires sprung into action.

"I understood that reference!" Melanie yelled from beside Emmett as they both ran ahead of the family.

Melanie attempted to use her energy manipulation as she ran, cursing herself whenever Victoria used her self-preservation, knowing when Melanie was going to use her powers, she was easily able to dodge the attacks.

Melanie trying to multi-task wasn't as fast as she usually was, now she was just behind Emmett, but still in front of the rest of her family.

Emmett reached his hand out to grab Victoria, but his hand touched her shoulder she flipped him over, crashing him into a tree with ease.

The vampires came to a half at the edge of a small cliff when Carlisle put his arms out, stopping his family from going any further. "Wait! She's in their territory."

They continued to run across their end, still following after her. "She'll get away!" Esme yelled out.

"No, she won't!" Jasper yelled back, watching as the wolves emerged from the trees, chasing after the red-head too.

Just as a wolf was about to bite Victoria, she jumped back over to the vampire end.

Melanie and Jasper both looked at each other and nodded, both jumping from opposite ends, in an attempt to grab her, but Victoria still managed to slip through them, causing the blonde and the brunette to crash into each other.

Victoria must have noticed Emmett was catching up again, she jumped back over to the Quileute side.

Melanie heard Rosalie yell out. "Emmett, no!" With nothing but concern laced in her voice.

"Emmett!" Melanie yelled as she watched the bear-like vampire jumped after Victoria, but he didn't get very far when Paul jumps over to him.

Paul snarled at Emmett, ready to lunge until Melanie got into his head telling him to get a grip.

This caused Victoria to get away, which only angered Melanie even more.

They had lost her.