𝟎𝟎𝟗. 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋 ✓

⁺◟ STARDUST ! ⋆·˚ ❪ ✦♥ ❫
❛ chapter nine ❜

⊹₊ ⋆ TODAY WAS A GREAT DAY FOR MELANIE, AND she wasn't going to let the human girl or Edward ruin it for her

TODAY WAS A GREAT DAY FOR MELANIE, AND she wasn't going to let the human girl or Edward ruin it for her. Today there would be a storm, meaning the Cullens and the Denali would be able to play baseball without fear or the humans overhearing.

While everyone was playing around waiting for the duo to show up Jasper and Melanie were fighting and speeding around the field while there two wives watched in amusement.

"Bella's here," Melanie huffed to the trio, she could hear both hers and her brother in law's thoughts as they drew closer to the group.

"Bella, glad you're here. We need an umpire." Esme smiles as she linked her arm with Bella's

"She thinks we cheat," Emmett says jogging up to them.

"I know you cheat." Esme joked. "Call them as you see them, Bella."

"Okay." Bella chuckled nervously.

Alice took a stance in the middle of the field seeing as she was the pitcher for the game, the rest of the group split up in too separate twos.

Edward, Jasper, Rosalie and Melanie in one team and then Caroline, Emmett and Carlisle in the other.

"It's time," Alice smirks as a loud clap of thunder was heard from above, Rosalie was up first as she nodded to Alice while holding the metal baseball bat.

Alice pitched the ball at lighting spread as Rosalie wrung the bat, hitting the ball into the forest, as soon as the ball flew away Edward bolted after it as Rosalie started running passed the bases.

"Okay, now I see why you need the thunder," Bella said in awe, the sound of the ball hitting the bat made a loud banging noise, which was almost identical to the thunder, to humans anyway. "That's gotta be a home run, right?"

"Edward's very fast," Esme explains as she shakes her head slightly.

A few seconds later the ball came flying back, Esme catching it just a second before Rosalie returned back to base.

"You're out," Bella said slightly scared.

"Out. Whoo!" Emmet yelled. "Babe, come on. It's just a game."

Rosalie huffed, standing up slowly staring at Bella intimidatingly before throwing her a dirty look and then walking past her.

Melanie was up next, flinging the bat up and then catching it, she gave a small subtle smirk to Alice who just smiled before pitching the ball towards her wife.

The ball came soaring towards the Denali girl who swung the bat back and then forward again, the ball clashing with it sending it flying so fast Bella couldn't even see it.